Carles Gil

bose

I can't even see the last 'conspiracy theory' in the last few pages.

I think you're moaning about something that's already ceased tbh.

The only thing I can see are people still taking the piss out of those who were puzzled by his lack of involvement.

Apart from "But being youth and English playing Grealish is doing Sherwoods rep much better than it would playing a unknown and we know Sherwood wants to build on his managerial reputation." which to be fair, you correctly described as "shite".

I'm not even sure the original poster actually believes that though.

Having read through some of his earlier posts, I think you're being overly generous.

• Like 2

I typed about 3 posts and deleted them all, I really can't comment anymore why I want this creative midfielder we have all been crying out for since before MON on the pitch. I will take it that the messiah that some think sherwood is becoming must be right!!

We are winning football matches yes, an a 50% win ratio I agree is excellent, so why am still sceptical?

Maybe because I do believe not playing Gil is all about his ego and rep. My personal opinion ofcourse.

Yeah I can't be bothered anymore either.. kid got one game/chance under Sherwood.. but I don't think he will be here next season. It is what it is. Sherwood doesn't rate him for whatever reason we will not know.

I typed about 3 posts and deleted them all, I really can't comment anymore why I want this creative midfielder we have all been crying out for since before MON on the pitch. I will take it that the messiah that some think sherwood is becoming must be right!!

We are winning football matches yes, an a 50% win ratio I agree is excellent, so why am still sceptical?

Maybe because I do believe not playing Gil is all about his ego and rep. My personal opinion ofcourse.

You do  understand that you're opinion is based on nothing but a "hunch" though, right? 

Do we get relegated in the fa cup?

No, but we'd like to win it, and we seem to be doing reasonably well so far without Gil.

So he's frozen out then. Noone can say it's about safety because it's not. I don't know why but it's clear he's not in the plans of the manager.

No, but we'd like to win it, and we seem to be doing reasonably well so far without Gil.

So he's frozen out then. Noone can say it's about safety because it's not. I don't know why but it's clear he's not in the plans of the manager.

FFS, he is certainly not “frozen out”.

He is training with the first team squad, however the NEW manager does not currently believe he merits a starting place.  He has named him on the bench.

He has seen that the manager is giving lads a chance on merit and knows if he puts the effort in in training (which I’m sure he is) he will get his chance.

He is training with the first team squad, however the NEW manager does not currently believe he merits a starting place. He has named him on the bench.

He has seen that the manager is giving lads a chance on merit and knows if he puts the effort in in training (which I’m sure he is) he will get his chance.

Only reason he made the bench was he ran out of players.. He even put a 16 year old out there. Maybe frozen out wasnt the best term. Let's go with out of favour.

We are currently playing the best football in years and creating chances galore why are people hung up about Gil? If we weren't doing those things I can understand but we are. When we signed him he was a breath of fresh air because all the others had had their creativity knocked out of them by Lambert. Maybe he isn't as good as we think just that the others were awful? That has been rectified. I still think he'll have a big future hear but moaning about people not playing when we are playing some great stuff is silly.

So you wouldn't try improve the squad because we're playing well? Noone is moaning. It is a separate issue to our form..or Sherwood. Maybe we should rename this section to the carles gil thread so we avoid confusion. Oh wait...

I don't get why so many give a shit that were thrilled to have a player of his technical nature. Cole is finished.. Nzogbia is getting there and this kid who is 22 seemed to fit in the premier league so easily seemed like a real hope for the future along with Grealish Benteke etc. Some of us rate him and want to see him involved even if its off the bench every now and then. He's getting no game time.. He either isn't rated by the current manager or he will want to leave for first team football as he could have stayed at the club he loves and remain on the bench. We who rate him dont want Aston Villa to lose such a talent. If you don't see his talent or just want to follow the managers decisions that's fine but why can't we discuss his situation in his own thread. If you don't like it don't enter this thread. Just stay in the tim sherwood one.

Edited by KSV

oone is moaning

If I remember correctly, didn't you have quite a moan about the line up before we dominated the champions? And part of that moan was that Gil was not in the squad. It might not always be in this thread but I think people are moaning.

oone is moaning

If I remember correctly, didn't you have quite a moan about the line up before we dominated the champions? And part of that moan was that Gil was not in the squad. It might not always be in this thread but I think people are moaning.
Moaning and questioning or even criticism is what makes this Site interesting. Why bother coming on otherwise if we all shared the same thoughts. I wasn't moaning just questioning the line up. We did well and I was wrong in that instance. Edited by KSV

Yeah and your never wrong. You just like to attack people for expressing an opinion whether it's right or wrong. Dont like my posts I suggest you use the ignore feature.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

He is training with the first team squad, however the NEW manager does not currently believe he merits a starting place. He has named him on the bench.

Only reason he made the bench was he ran out of players.. He even put a 16 year old out there. Maybe frozen out wasnt the best term. Let's go with out of favour.

Wrong. He made the bench against Liverpool. We did not run out of players.

I certainly think Gil has the talent to make it here and no one has said anything different.

I cannot understand where you’re coming from. He’s 22, he’s not going to run away from a challenge after a few months. If he has the right attitude he will fight for his place and prove himself when he gets his chance.

Thankfully there is no suggestion of anything otherwise.

Unlike yourself he seems to have faith in himself to break into our first team!

He is out of favour, obviously. Why that is is anybody's guess but I assume it is a valid reason rather then some of the mental suggestions we have seen in this thread. It's not something I am particularly bothered by myself, I hadn't seen enough to get quite so involved in him personally but I know he really endeared himself to some and can understand their disappointment.

See, balanced. It is possible even on Villa Talk.

Â