What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Found Chromeo a few years ago when I was surprised myself that I was loving the electro funkyness and blatant nod to the 80s of their first couple of albums Fancy Footwork and She's in Control.

their new album has a few songs that are back on form in that same mould. So that makes a smile form :)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bickster said:

By coincidence, I played this as my second choice album this morning

I love this track, it's a bit mad.

No bad version of Rainbow Connection. Willies version is my favourite but this happened this week at Willies festival The Luck Reunion. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/03/2024 at 15:22, VILLAMARV said:

Found Chromeo a few years ago when I was surprised myself that I was loving the electro funkyness and blatant nod to the 80s of their first couple of albums Fancy Footwork and She's in Control.

their new album has a few songs that are back on form in that same mould. So that makes a smile form :)

Yes, thanks for passing that on. Love that those phat moogy synths.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yes, thanks for passing that on. Love that those phat moogy synths.

yeah, exactly my take, the first 2 albums are chocked full of Analogue Synth loveliness

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

yeah, exactly my take, the first 2 albums are chocked full of Analogue Synth loveliness

They're awesome. I gotta tell some of my friends about them. Brings back happy memories of ...

... and of course ...

23 hours ago, maqroll said:

I love this track, it's a bit mad.

I think the whole album is great tbh, full of absolutely legendary Jamaican musicians including Sly & Robbie, Tommy McCook and Bobby Ellis. But as is often the case it all goes back to Lee Perry. Without Scratch, Joe Gibbs wouldn’t have got started. I think my favourite from the album is this

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

They're awesome. I gotta tell some of my friends about them. Brings back happy memories of ...

... and of course ...

the Zapp one there might well be the inspiration for...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I know I’ve said before but I’ve been in pubs, jukebox already blaring, so I take charge and if I choose “Make Me Smile” it really does the trick. I’ve watched women in their twenties suddenly realise that, actually, they know this song and go giddy for it.

A solo, the pauses in the song, the ooh la las. A winning combination.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

Â