What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

What a beautiful man. I don't know what it is about Pete Shelley in those early years. He seems so easily broken and boyish but like an open book, too. Gibson Marauder -- you don't see those too often these days.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

Interesting setting for an ancient recording. Good? Bad? Song is iconic, but is video fun? Silly? I think I like it, but a few moments seem cringy, such as, "Robert had big dreams."

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Sadly, Dex died just a few days ago. RIP.

No disrespect meant to Jack White, but I've never been able to make it through a single White Stripes song because Flat Duo Jets just totally completed that trip for me ... like 15-20 years before heh. Love these guys. 

The Flat Duo Jets’ Dexter Romweber Has Died

With so many of the big time legends leaving us these days there is an overwhelming feeling of “see your heroes while you can, because it may be your last chance.” Both Wayne Kramer and Damo Suzuki passed last week. Tina left us last year. Bowie departed sooner than we expected. Joni, Keef, Macca are still here, but anything can happen.
So go to the show.
It won’t be like being there in the golden era, but you won’t regret it. I finally caught the Stones in 2022 and it was jaw-dropping good, even though Charlie was gone.

Also consider getting out to see the people who changed the landscape who, perhaps, weren’t as famous. Many of them have been slogging it out in the trenches, really living it, only without the benefit of being in the care of the best doctors and personal trainers.

4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Sadly, Dex died just a few days ago. RIP.

No disrespect meant to Jack White, but I've never been able to make it through a single White Stripes song because Flat Duo Jets just totally completed that trip for me ... like 15-20 years before heh. Love these guys. 

It must have been prompted by his death but out of the blue I was reading about these this week and gave them a listen. It was good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

About time we had some proppa Brum music in here ;)

What a great video. So little money, so much character. 

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Trying to figure out what that instrument is. ?

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Making me laugh my head off this morning. Gold. Thatcher mask!

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What a great video. So little money, so much character. 

Trying to figure out what that instrument is. ?

Making me laugh my head off this morning. Gold. Thatcher mask!

'country slags with a bow bell voice, so near to the city we ain't got no choice' 🤣

• Haha 1

Â