What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

On 27/03/2024 at 18:45, Xela said:

I **** hate that song, and indeed just about everything they’ve ever done.  But that one the most.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

FAO @Marka Ragnos

The songs are marvelous. Seems like a bunch of talented kids trying to work out what direction they want to go. I especially love the first one, "Paradise Lost." Reminds me of very early Genesis/Moody Blues.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2024 at 14:45, Xela said:

I don't have the words to describe how much I love this video. It's been a personal favourite for a few years. I don't know the year -- '79? The haircuts, Glenn Tilbrook's tired eyes, his shirt and gold-lamé tie, the hanging cake tins and women working in the background, and the lyrics -- Jesus. So depressing and perfect and real and strangely hopeful, too.

20 hours ago, bickster said:

Seeing the Small Faces Tin Soldier reminded me it isn’t even the the best song with Tin Soldier in the title :crylaugh: 

(I like both songs btw)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I remember, as a teenager, parking the car late at night in the country with a few friends, closing the windows, filling the car with the smoke of several select herbal products, and listening to this album again and again in a state of abject and helpless awe. "I understand everything on earth now! I get it all!" Sound of a few beers being opened. "Pass that bong around again."

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 29/03/2024 at 16:18, blandy said:

I **** hate that song, and indeed just about everything they’ve ever done.  But that one the most.

Do you feel it's a personal thing? Not at all to pry, but it does deal with a painful subject, and of course, we only get the bloke's flippant point of view, and not the view of the mother or daughter.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

8 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Do you feel it's a personal thing? Not at all to pry, but it does deal with a painful subject, and of course, we only get the bloke's flippant point of view, and not the view of the mother or daughter.

Because I can’t stand the sound, basically. [I’m the same with Queen]. Also because it was played so many times on the radio when it was released. And it’s dreary and sad.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Feckin awful song and here are just some of the reasons

• Jools Holland's boogie woogie piano
  • The video was shot in John Lennon's old house (where the Imagine video was also filmed)
  • Michelle Collins in the video
  • Cockney bollocks
  • Jools Holland's boogie woogie piano (there is only one song it’s acceptable on - re-recorded version of Uncertain Smile)
  • more cockney bollocks 
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

more cockney bollocks

Yep, I could have added that, too. Even worse on cool for cats.  words removed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Yep, I could have added that, too. Even worse on cool for cats.  words removed

FIle under Chas and Dave roll out the barrel knees up your mothers brown arse 

• Like 1

Â