What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

35 minutes ago, Xann said:

The Sugarcubes - 'Birthday'

The first time I heard this was..

First time I heard it was on John Peel on the Radio. Next weeked I drove to Plymouth (Lived in Newquay at the time) and bought the cassette of the album. It's a belter, too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

First time I heard it was on John Peel on the Radio. Next weeked I drove to Plymouth (Lived in Newquay at the time) and bought the cassette of the album. It's a belter, too.

I actually think I got sent it as a promo but it's one of the many that is long gone from my collection sadly

36 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

not the first ever record I bought with my own money, but damn close, probably one of the first 3 or 4 that I bought

My first 33 was Rolling Stones Tattoo You. My first 45 was Huey Lewis I Want a New Drug, the song that was ripped off and made into the Ghostbusters theme song

• Like 1

Brutal. I know where the Solway Firth is but I didnt like the celtic slant to his voice at the start but once the song kicked in and got going I really enjoyed it. Anyone worried about another 'poppy' single after Unsainted needn't have worried. I'm at maximum anticipation now for the new album on 9/8. 

Edited by Ingram85

Â