What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

bloody hell man, that was awesome!

never heard that before

A friend of mine put this on a mix tape for me a while back. I lost the track listing, and this was before shazam. Took me a couple of years to remember who it was by and what it was called, when I came across a copy of "I Want Some" (which is a best of compilation), on the basis that I liked their song "Born on the Floor". Worth checking out, they're pretty damn good. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Alan McGee tribute song?

Quite liked it

EDIT: @dAVe80

I'm a sucker for all things Biff Bang Pow... to the point I was once in the world's most piss poor none band and our only self penned thing was called Biff Bang Pow. But long long pre dating Mr McGee.

• Haha 1

Seriously, we got so carried away with our own hype we started selling tickets for a gig.

Then remembered we couldn't play a **** note between us.

Had to give all the money back.

Band was practice involved describing sounds to each other. 'I'll go doof doof doof and then you go waaaaah and you come in and go boom, then we all sing this thing I've just written...'

Lots of our lyrics ended up around a theme of going blind, for some reason. Looking back, I suspect subliminally it had a lot to do with masturbation.

• Haha 2

When I was younger, during the school holidays when the weather was nice, usually on a weekend when everyone was out of the house doing something, doing the garden or working on the latest project, I have strong memories of just watching VH1 doing rundowns of 'the greatest music videos ever' and whatnot. I'd be slouched on the settee, reading something, glancing up at the occasional song that caught my ear or a particularly interesting video. A few stick in the mind - Godly and Creme's Cry, Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer, Michael and Janet Jackson with Scream...

I was out in the garden this afternoon in a feeble attempt at making it look slightly presentable, and with the weather and the time of year and being out there listening to music at the same time, it reminded me of that all, and particularly one song. Not even a good song, or one particularly like. But I associate it with those times for whatever reason and it was nice to think of while I absent-mindedly tried to strim some respectability into the lawn.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2019 at 23:13, chrisp65 said:

it's strange isn't it that they would share such a specific name

a Manchester band and a Liverpool supermarket

It's on my maybe list

Read an album review today, they are indeed named after the Chinese supermarket

• Like 1

The reason for putting this here is obvious ! God knows who persuaded Graham Bond to release this dreadful number but The Graham Bond Organisation were one of the most important bands of the early - mid 60's. Their usual repertoire was hard driving jazz blues but they never achieved commercial success. Two of 'em went on to form Cream ! (I equate this to Clapton releasing 'Wonderful Tonight !!!!!!)

Â