What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, is that pronounced "FLAY-mingodz" (like "flaming gods"), or "Fluh-MING-odz" (like "flamingos")? 

Just now, mjmooney said:

So, is that pronounced "FLAY-mingodz" (like "flaming gods"), or "Fluh-MING-odz" (like "flamingos")? 

just as an excuse to promote the excellent live sets KEXP put out by many many bands...

(flaming gods)

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

the excellent live sets KEXP put out by many many bands

Yes. They have loads of good stuff on. One of the best things about that internet that they invented is being able to watch and listen to the likes of KEXP, npr etc.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yes. They have loads of good stuff on. One of the best things about that internet that they invented is being able to watch and listen to the likes of KEXP, npr etc.

Yesh, they've had some good stuff on KEXP. 

Flamingods not for me, though. 

• Like 1

They had a hit but this wasn't it. TIL though that the singer(Martin Coogan) is the brother of some comedian

Nice bass in the intro, production not great, dreadfully average song

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

They had a hit but this wasn't it. TIL though that the singer(Martin Coogan) is the brother of some comedian

Nice bass in the intro, production not great, dreadfully average song

They played Telford, our first indie type venue and they were one of the first acts to play, oddly Can you dig it and lay me down were both quite big locally. Their gig was heaving. I have many happy memories of that gig. 

One of the bands that the bloke who used to live below our flat used to be in. Mr Kelly hated us, he liked to go to bed early and we'd still be up at 8am. His Ceiling must have been full of scuff marks from all the objects he used to bang on it

Not sure this track ever got recorded elsewhere, the brilliant and very undervalued The Wild Swans and Thirst

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

HEY!

you've been wrong twice in three days now

😉

Good going for me. I'm probably 'wrong' dozens of times a day in the eyes of the VT massive. 

• Like 1

I thought it was interesting that the bit of Weller you could tolerate was the bit where I thought he was doing his Neil Young impression.

Anyway, I'm going to try and pick up that Flamingods album tomorrow, been sort of searching for something to replace Super Furry Animals and between Flaming Lips, TVAM, Les Big Byrd and Flamingods I'm on lots of nearly but not quites.

Â