What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I never thought I'd like this guy, but he's a down to earth guy having his dreams come true at the age of 21. I don't know if I'll still like his stuff a year from now, but right now I am embracing it. I'm also curious where he goes next as his inspirations are vast spanning country artists like Tim McGraw, to bands like Megadeth. Very interesting dude, I like it.. 

Wolf Alice have a new single ahead of a much anticipated second album. I really like Wolf Alice. I therefore implore you to not to listen to this, save wear and tear on your ears, because it's **** dreadful.

I can listen to a wide and varied range of music, I don't mind some punky noise and I can listen to fairly heavy metal stuff many would think creatively bankrupt.

This... This is a whiny posh London schoolgirl upset at her dad trying to rebel with a stream of barely coherent swearing. It's completely empty. It's just sounds.

Not so sure I'm looking forward to that second album now.

• Like 1

I just came in to post about the new Wolf Alice song.... I kinda like it. Shouldn't have been released as a single, and I doubt their new album will reflect this style at all. But, I am rather fond of a thrashy "outburst" track on an album, in the same vein as Tourette's on "In Utero". 

Edited by PieFacE

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I just came in to post about the new Wolf Alice song.... I kinda like it. Shouldn't have been released as a single, and I doubt their new album will reflect this style at all. But, I am rather fond of a thrashy "outburst" track on an album, in the same vein as Tourette's on "In Utero". 

Really? It's an aural assault. Awful. Doesn't suit them at all. They've had their more screechy stuff but it worked with their style. This is just shit.

Why it's on the album, let alone as a lead single, I've no idea. Rubbish.

As a secret track it would have been ace. But yeah, I don't mind it so much. It's not a single i'm going to repeatedly listen too, but I can see (hear?) how it would fit into an album. Which is where it should stay, as a random album track.

Should not be released as a single. Tis a bit daft.

Â