What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Love the lyrics to this song. I think all men either are or have been at some point in their lives, the very thing he's "singing" / shouting about almost exactly to how he's describing it. Not a huge Henry fan but like a bit of the Rollins Band every now and then. 

Linky: 

plus bonus  is linky for any fans of Beavis and Butthead from back in the day...

11 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Love the lyrics to this song. I think all men either are or have been at some point in their lives, the very thing he's "singing" / shouting about almost exactly to how he's describing it. Not a huge Henry fan but like a bit of the Rollins Band every now and then. 

Linky: 

plus bonus  is linky for any fans of Beavis and Butthead from back in the day...

Not a fan at all although I'm kind of fond of his favourite band. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

medical check - if you don't move to this, you could well be dead...

I may like Rastamouse, but I have no idea how you're supposed to dance to reggae. Perhaps I'm dead. 

how to dance to it? just sort of rock on your heels and balls of your feet, sort of shaking your head sort of just bumping

it's BBQ music, so you'll be holding a cold beer so not too lively, the peeps here appear to have got it down, from 2'30" in, the guy at 2'44" is particularly good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xann said:

In a haze.

There's the rub. Haven't smoked de righteous 'erb for many a long year (and when I did I wasn't that big a fan of it anyway, I always preferred a few beers in the pub). 

If you're not into a particular genre of music, it all sounds the same, like a ridiculous parody of itself. This is how reggae is for me. Same with rap, dance music and metal. 

I'm well aware that the stuff I like has the same effect on people who don't 'get' it - so folk is all real ale drinkers in fishermans' sweaters smoking pipes and droning on in an irritating voice, country is a load of whining rednecks, jazz is pretentious pseuds saying "nice", prog rock is prats in capes playing tedious epics about wizards, classical is boring, and so on. 

But if it's your 'thing', it's the very stuff of life, a source of joy and euphoria. 

Funny old world. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's been a few years since I haven't been 'on call' in some capacity, be it work the next day or looking after the kids or driving 250 miles. So I tend not even to drink very much right now. 

But that deep reggae bass loop you can find on some tracks, I can just get quite close to 'out of it' just listening to that.

Random unconnected question for @Xann :

A while ago, a track on a mix tape, sort of hip hop story of a bunch of guys going out of town on a car holiday? Something like 50 dollar weekend? They end up going to the hills to avoid trouble?

Can't find the bloody CD.

• Like 1

Â