January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

He's a good player but I think vs us we showed him for what he is, too much flash, all step overs, great at running from deep but then not much end product, we defended him brilliantly

I'd be happy for us to take the risk and try and coach it out of him though

Need to go abroad. When Lambert spends big transfer fees he brings in quality. Benteke Okore Sanchez Kozak are good players. His gamble signings worth 1-2 million are too risky with a low success rate.

• Like 1

If I was Lambert, I'd plea to Lerner to give him next summer's funds this January.

If Delph and Vlaar leave, we're going to need to spend some money on their replacements. If we can spend that money in January, and show Delph and Vlaar that we're looking to strengthen and not just avoid relegation, they might (big MIGHT) be tempted to sign a new contract.

Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

If I was Lambert, I'd plea to Lerner to give him next summer's funds this January.

If Delph and Vlaar leave, we're going to need to spend some money on their replacements. If we can spend that money in January, and show Delph and Vlaar that we're looking to strengthen and not just avoid relegation, they might (big MIGHT) be tempted to sign a new contract.

Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Certainly when we had a certain ITK on here - the issue with Delph was his salary - he was already on massive wages - so the best offer from villa was likley to be another contract at a similar Level - Delph was always unlikley to accept this IMO