January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

In the last two January windows Lerner has failed to provide any real budget to improve the squad.

Why do people seem to think it will be different this year?

We've subsequently come to learn that Lambert made bids for Dusan Tadić and Daley Blind in January 2013, so that's not quite true.

Where did you hear that? If that was true, surely their subsquent success is a stick Lambert should be using to beat transfer funds out of Lerner with.

• Like 2

We've subsequently come to learn that Lambert made bids for Dusan Tadić and Daley Blind in January 2013, so that's not quite true.

I think the fact that those bids, or more likely just inquiries, failed proves the point. If we had money to spend Lambert would have been able to get his preferred targets rather than scooping up the leftovers.

• Like 1

In the last two January windows Lerner has failed to provide any real budget to improve the squad.

News to me. Even if we equired on the costs of these players it's not the same as bidding on them.

I'm fairly certain we didn't have the budget for either of those two in Jan (fee or wages) so I'm a little sceptical about our supposed bids for them.

News to me. Even if we equired on the costs of these players it's not the same as bidding on them.

I'm fairly certain we didn't have the budget for either of those two in Jan (fee or wages) so I'm a little sceptical about our supposed bids for them.

Lambert said we went in for Tadic but the fee was too high and I think Mat Kendrick said it him who we went for last Jan.

"Randy was spending money then, but what he didn't have then was a line of sight as to 'if I spend that money how is it going to pay back in the future?'

frightening admission

I think Lerner's sight was, "Champions League", and that's as far as it went. 

Edited by PieFacE

"Randy was spending money then, but what he didn't have then was a line of sight as to 'if I spend that money how is it going to pay back in the future?'

frightening admission

Massive indirect dig at his predecessor?

Easiest question to answer ever...

The previous seasons budgets were spent before January and this one has not.

Many believe we agreed to buy Cleverly in the summer, the loan being for admin reason's. 

If true maybe we did spend our budget, whatever that is these days.

When kozak returns January ... The pr spin from the villa bs machine will sound "it's like a new signing"

As stated before, if your looking at bringing the silla type of players from some wasters in France ...don't bother

Kozak is back in January??

i don't know for sure but you can see the headline

When kozak returns January ... The pr spin from the villa bs machine will sound "it's like a new signing"

As stated before, if your looking at bringing the silla type of players from some wasters in France ...don't bother

Kozak is back in January??

i don't know for sure but you can see the headline

No, I can't but you certainly can.

What was you saying before about spinning things?

Yawn.

Many believe we agreed to buy Cleverly in the summer, the loan being for admin reason's.

He was waiting for Everton and we simply ran out of time to buy him so loaned him.

We know we have money for that one simple fact.

On the conjecture side of things we know we have money because we haven't spent our usual 15-20 m a season

He was waiting for Everton and we simply ran out of time to buy him so loaned him.

We know we have money for that one simple fact.

On the conjecture side of things we know we have money because we haven't spent our usual 15-20 m a season

id like to see the source of this fact, or is it just because "everyone" knows thats whats happened?