Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

We're three points behind Everton.

Everyone seems to be getting carried away on here. We just got extremely lucky and won our first game in the last 13! We have two important games coming up before we have a nightmare fixture list. We still will have to get to ~36 points to stay up so I won't be counting any chickens just yet. One swallow doesn't make a summer. 

• Like 1

How were we extremely lucky? We dominated that game.

We did dominate, but winning with a last minute penalty via a goalkeeping blunder is pretty lucky.

But it all evens out. Makes up for the Stoke game

How were we extremely lucky? We dominated that game.

Extremely lucky that ben foster had such a mare in the 93rd minute. Yes we dominated but we were just getting a draw that felt like a defeat at that point.

We deserved to win but you don't always get what you deserve. We still need more quality but at least they all put a proper shift in.

• Like 1

B*llocks were we lucky last night, we were actually unlucky not to be up by 4 in the first half - DESERVED win. And it is not often that can be said. Point at Sunderland and we can breathe easy.

• Like 2

B*llocks were we lucky last night, we were actually unlucky not to be up by 4 in the first half - DESERVED win. And it is not often that can be said. Point at Sunderland and we can breathe easy.

I won't be breathing easily until the maths say we're safe.

• Like 1

1 win in 13, 3 wins in 5 or 6 months and we're outside of the drop zone shows how incredibly awful a team should be to be relegated. 2 more wins against QPR and Burnley with a couple of draws here and there and we'll stay up. Some godawful teams in the league this year - us, Leicester, QPR, Burnley, Sunderland and Hull.

I actually think the schedule is pretty decent for Villa, despite the difficult april. Home games against the 2 direct rivals. 3 more home games against non-elite teams that could get you a few more points and a visit to Sunderland at a point of off the field turmoil for them. If we fail with this and get relegated it'd be well deserved. 

I don't believe in luck in sports, "You make your own luck". We should've had penalty in the first half anyway. Without us pushing on till the very end, we wouldn't had gotten the late penalty so I wouldn't say it was luck.

I know people get carried away but to say we were extremely unlucky is a bit harsh, I thought we'd done more than enough to win it and honestly could see us getting a goal before we was awarded the penalty as we just kept hitting them. Which I thought fair f*cks to TS as it looks like the philosophy is starting to convey, and was quite impressed with the performance. Keep the faith people. UTV

• Like 1

Completely agree that we should have been 3 up, we weren't though were we? Completely agree we deserved to win it, doesn't really work like that a lot of the time though does it? I think it's no coincidence we got a bit of luck when we had worked so hard as a group past 90 minutes to try and get a break, it's no coincidence that seeing we had 8 shots on target in a game for the first time since last May that we createdd enough to win a game.

Fact is though, till generous old Ben's brain completely melted we would have been feeling super bitter because all the above would still have been true but we'd only have a point to show for it.

Don't agree with the sentiment that we were lucky.

If anything we were unlucky we weren't 3-0 up by half time.

Thoroughly deserved win.

Nobody is saying we weren't the better team, or that we didn't deserve to win.

We were clearly better than them and should have won by more.

But when you win with a last minute penalty brought on by an idiotic goalkeeping blunder after a cross by a player that should have been sent off, then whether you like it or not that is quite lucky.

It might be luck that we deserved considering how the game went and how little luck we've had all season. But it's still luck.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

What are our remaining home games?

Swansea

QPR

Everton

West Ham

Burnley

All "winnable" to be fair, given Everton's form all season and West Ham's current form. I'd say Swansea is the toughest.

We're out the relagation zone and i think we'll get 8-9 points from those

Completely agree that we should have been 3 up, we weren't though were we? Completely agree we deserved to win it, doesn't really work like that a lot of the time though does it? I think it's no coincidence we got a bit of luck when we had worked so hard as a group past 90 minutes to try and get a break, it's no coincidence that seeing we had 8 shots on target in a game for the first time since last May that we createdd enough to win a game.

Fact is though, till generous old Ben's brain completely melted we would have been feeling super bitter because all the above would still have been true but we'd only have a point to show for it.

We dominated the game and deserved to win. Dont care how we won it in the end.

Cheer up ffs

We were a bit lucky to get the penalty but don't forget the Stoke game where we were unlucky to give away a penalty in the last min - swings and roundabouts.

Are there 3 worst teams than us? I am not so sure, we all seem to be having our bad moments and luck is going to play a role somewhere in deciding who goes down. Hopefully we have had all our bad luck for the season.

We need to create our own good luck now by forcing the ball into dangerous positions and panicking the opposition.

Edited by AndyC

We dominated the game and deserved to win. Dont care how we won it in the end.

Cheer up ffs

I'm ecstatic, we smashed them in possession, shots, shots on target, tempo, quality of football everything. Doesn't mean we weren't lucky too, that's my only point.