Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

We should be taking points from Hull, Leicester, Newcaslte, Stoke, West Brom, Sunderland, QPR, Swansea, West Ham, Everton & Burnley. We will lose to Newcastle, Stoke, Swansea and West Ham which really leaves us flying close to the sun as we wont win all of the ones remaining. Cant see us pulling of any hidings against United, Chelsea, Southampton, Man City, and Spurs either.

April & May is a hard fixture list, hopefully we have our destiny in our own hand against Burnley on the last day.

Let's get Saturday out the way without too much damage then we need to support the team massively. I think we all realise we are in trouble so regardless of what we think of the manager we need to try not to be negative during the games. I know this is hard as what we are watching is awful but we need to pack out every remaining away game especially those against teams in and around us. Hull away is huge for both teams and hopefully being the away team it'll be less pressure on us and we can relax and try to play.

Let's get Saturday out the way without too much damage then we need to support the team massively. I think we all realise we are in trouble so regardless of what we think of the manager we need to try not to be negative during the games. I know this is hard as what we are watching is awful but we need to pack out every remaining away game especially those against teams in and around us. Hull away is huge for both teams and hopefully being the away team it'll be less pressure on us and we can relax and try to play.

Fans are running out of energy for this manager chap. I can no longer do it, so apart from the cup game, im staying away.

Not at all worried about going down.

It seems that a few on here seem to think that 3 from QPR, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, Leicester will finish above us when I predict we'll finish above them.

We'll pick up points form all of those games (bar Leicester) as well as points against Sandwell Town, Newcastle, Stoke and Swansea.

Chill out chaps!

34 points will keep you up this season. I'm sure of it. We will make it to 38 again I think.

If we were to list the results of the teams below us they would be worse. This set of players we have now can't play much worse, can you say the same for those below us? Haven't they mostly shown what was expected of them?

We've had two league games with a proper attacking mid as well. Liverpool and Arsenal... No pressure Gil.

I think QPR will get a boost from a new management team. I think Leicester have boosted their weak areas by getting in a striker and a defender. Burnley might well go and I think Hull are in freefall so that leaves one more and we will be threatened until the last couple of games at least.

If we fail to win any of our next three games, for me personally, I won't see us escaping relegation.

I agree with that last statement. I think we will win one of them, I'd certainly take 4 points at this stage with open arms.

Leicester B team stuffed us comfortably

QPR beat us comfortably and will have a new manager boost

Burnley have an inform striker and scrap over every blade of grass

Sunderland and Hull are probably the weakest out of all those clubs mentioned but Fist face is a veteran when it comes to relegation dog fights and will have his team up for it

I'd say we would be in a chance against all the above teams but they will all play us fancying to get something out of the game because of how powderpuff we are up front

Fans are running out of energy for this manager chap. I can no longer do it, so apart from the cup game, im staying away.

Totally understandable but I think away from home we can have big effect on the team then if we have poor attendances at home it does send a message. I'm a ST holder so my seat gets counted regardless if I'm there or not so may aswell go. It'd be good to nearly sell out against Leicester though as that'll also show we aren't happy with what's goong on compared to league games.

I can see points in our run in...but a lot of draws. Which is cutting it very fine when you've only got 22 points and need another 15-16 to be o.k.

We should be getting points from Hull, Burnley, QPR, Swansea, Stoke, Newcastle, Sunderland, Everton and West Ham imo. The only trouble is if say we win 3 and draw 3 of those games which is what I expect we're still only on 34 points which won't be enough so we'd need 4-5 points from other games.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Burnley, Hull, Leicester and QPR will all finish on 30-31 points but we have rode our luck massively in the last 3 seasons imo so it's not a good idea to keep hoping to stay up by not winning many games and hoping other teams don't.

34 points will keep you up this season. I'm sure of it. We will make it to 38 again I think.

If we were to list the results of the teams below us they would be worse. This set of players we have now can't play much worse, can you say the same for those below us? Haven't they mostly shown what was expected of them?

We've had two league games with a proper attacking mid as well. Liverpool and Arsenal... No pressure Gil.

Worth remembering we now have the worst goal difference in the league and we still have to visit Manchester this season where we annually get thumped in both games.

At least in previous seasons our GD hasn't been that bad so in effect it's been worth an extra point.

34 points I don't see being safe at all, certainly if that's all we manage we won't be safe by the final day as has been the case previously.

And I don't fancy us if we need to beat Burnley to stay up, a draw yes.

Sunderland and Hull are probably the weakest out of all those clubs mentioned but Fist face is a veteran when it comes to relegation dog fights and will have his team up for it

I'd say we would be in a chance against all the above teams but they will all play us fancying to get something out of the game because of how powderpuff we are up front

Leicester don't play us again this season in the league.

All the other teams all have tough run ins aswell, Burnley for instance still got Spurs, Chelsea, Man. United, Liverpool, Everton, Southampton all away games left in the calender so puts pressure on them to win home games.

Leicester have picked up but they're still 5 points off us and think they've got Man. City, Arsenal and Everton as 3/4 games coming up.

I think Hull will get out of it so comes down to whether QPR will get a sufficent bounce from Sherwood coming in.

Edited by VillaChris

a 1-0 defeat when we had same amount of shots and more possession is a stuffing now?

• Like 1

We were very poor against Leicester and their team wasn't at full strength. That said Leicester were comfortably the worst I've seen at VP this season so it balances out.

Worth remembering when VillaAsh is saying this relegation rival will fancy beating us...Burnley and QPR won't just stay up on account of drawing/beating us, they too need to find another say 15 points from other games in the run in which won't be an easy task as those have to play top 4/european chasing teams.

With all the recent (justified) criticism of our pointless possession football, take a look at how effective and pretty well exhilarating direct football can be from the masters of it.

There's more to "hoof ball" than long passes. Check out the intensity.

• Like 1

a 1-0 defeat when we had same amount of shots and more possession is a stuffing now?

Did you not watch the game?

Could have been 5 

With all the recent (justified) criticism of our pointless possession football, take a look at how effective and pretty well exhilarating direct football can be from the masters of it.

no way, thats a Tony Pulis wet dream

Am I missing something?

Great intensity - same end product as our pointless possession football: No goals.

Its looking likely to me. The run of form we have been on for the past 38 games is relegation form, as its yeilded just 33 points. Worryingly though, our form is actually getting worse with the past 19 returning just 12 points. Extrapolate that across a full season and you have a side with 24 points and 14 goals.

The worst side in the league, Leicester, should really have humped us 5 or 6 and we could have had no complaints. I am not sure where to confidence comes from that we can get the results we need against Hull or Stoke.

Edited by Ads

If your team plays at that speed your creating a tempo that if your players aren't fast enough will easily allow the other team to score on you.

And are players are not near fast enough. We probably have one of the slowest teams in the league.