Paul Lambert

limpid

consciously thinks about that particular "stat" whilst they're launching into the next tirade.

You don't think the last few years are in peoples minds when they vent there frustration? While I'm not sure people are aware that's its historically the worst they can't help but know how poor its been.

Secondly, and mainly, who are these "people" who don't "appreciate" that statistic? Find me one Villa fan who is happy with the last three seasons on the whole, home and away combined. The point regarding what support entails to many seems to be lost on you.

Don't think you've got my point. I see the fans getting some grief on here again and I think those moaning at other fans should appreciate how shit its been before judging them. While I didn't join in with the negative vibes yesterday when 1-0 down I can't say I blame anyone for venting their frustrations.

After 3 minutes? Really you can't blame anyone?

You keep going on about this worst 3 season in the history of the club. I'd say being relegated is worse than what we've had to endure, would you rather be winning games in the 3rd division or competing in the top flight?

• Like 1

Despite everything I decided to back Lambert a few months ago and it has been very, very difficult. So as I could say little that was positive I decided to keep my comments to myself.

However on Sunday I did for the first time in a long time wonder following the Bacuna goal if he might be onto something. I know Benteke's goal got all the headlines, but Bacuna's goal was a fantastic team goal and great finish.

Our midfield is still generally poor but IF Lambert can persuade Lerner to spend on a bit of CM quality in the summer the tide may start to turn.

I am still of the opinion that Lambert took on a poisoned chalice in agreeing to manage the club on a shoestring and that few others would have made much difference. In for a penny etc - I would give him another season.

The fans have had to suffer some absolute **** for the last four seasons and it would be great if Lambert's "project" could start to click next season.

I agree and we’ll know come 31st August what type of season we’ll have.

2/3 actual decent experience players will do us the world of good. Look at Vlaar, not the greatest defender in the world but his experience alone is so so vital to us..

If we don’t have that then it will be another season like this, perhaps less relegation fears but still not going anywhere.

For once - I largely agree with Big J - in some fans minds it isn't 3 minutes they are unhappy with - they are at the end of a numerous amount of dissappointments which all mount up.

Whilst I dont view it that way - I always treat each game on its own merits which I find helps !! - you can't really fault those who do.

I do wish those who weren't like that could sit together, as we do when we are away - it makes it easier to keep singing going etc.......perhaps when the Club market the safe standing area they could advertise it as a space for those deluded optimists who promise to remain positive throughout each game ?  Joking, but it would be good !

Unfortunately though that means we need an awfully long good run to get rid of that problem, as it definitely transmits to the pitch and affects the Team.

For once - I largely agree with Big J - in some fans minds it isn't 3 minutes they are unhappy with - they are at the end of a numerous amount of dissappointments which all mount up.

Exactly. I do wonder how often those who are so keen to judge and moan at other fans attend. Like I said I didn't join in but I felt the same frustrations, its not just 3 minutes. Its 4 years of shit and 1-0 down to Norwich after 3 minutes.

I really don't get why people on here defend players and managers who let's face it have no real loyalty to the club, defend a billionaire who never turns up and then happily moan and complain about fans who give up their time and money and turn up week in week out. Out of everyone associated with the club why would you pick the fans to moan about?

I really don't get why people on here defend players and managers who let's face it have no real loyalty to the club, defend a billionaire who never turns up and then happily moan and complain about fans who give up their time and money and turn up week in week out. Out of everyone associated with the club why would you pick the fans to moan about?

Yet Benteke was a loud to do **** all for a few games, but thats okay because he’s quality?

Yet Benteke was a loud to do **** all for a few games, but thats okay because he’s quality?

I disagreed that it was down to a bad attitude and not caring so no I'm not going to slag off our best player for being out of form.

Exactly. I do wonder how often those who are so keen to judge and moan at other fans attend. Like I said I didn't join in but I felt the same frustrations, its not just 3 minutes. Its 4 years of shit and 1-0 down to Norwich after 3 minutes.

Because having a moaning bastard sat next to you is incredibly annoying especially after 3 minutes of a game that is 90 minutes long!

Did we deserve to go 1-0 down? Did Lambert or a player make a mistake to allow for this to happen? No.

Although incredibly frustrating, I'm not sure who people were blaming at that time.

Its funny how those that moan are the ones that you dont hear a peep out of when we're drawing or winning.

• Like 1

Although incredibly frustrating, I'm not sure who people were blaming at that time.

This is football, emotions aren't really rational at football games are they. If they were we'd all realise a millionaire ,who probably wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, just kicked a piece of leather into a net and its not really worth getting excited about. But its not, its pure emotional highs and lows.

• Like 1

For me yesterday hasn't changed my opinion on Lambert at all. I really just don't think he's that great of a manager. I thought Norwich were awful after we scored the second, they just collapsed mentally and really struggled to move the ball. The lads played well though and pressed great yesterday after conceding, but i've been saying it for a while now, Lambert needs to sort out the home form. Yesterday was a big step in the right direction, but it needs to happen more consistently. Fans will turn on him otherwise, and people are running out of patience. 

You wonder how often those fans attend? That almost sounds like a 'better fan' comment BJ.

I'm a season ticket holder in the Holte and have been for years, and I was annoyed at the fan reaction before we got our first goal Yesterday. The players couldn't do right, even when we were just attempting to build an attack.

The reason I moan about those fans is because it doesn't help us on the pitch. It makes the players more nervous which will ultimately result in mistakes being made.

People can boo until their voice has gone, as far as I care. But I wish they would wait until full-time, when the result is confirmed.

• Like 1

You wonder how often those fans attend? That almost sounds like a 'better fan' comment BJ.

I'm not the one having a go at people who pay their money and give up their time to go.

The reason I moan about those fans is because it doesn't help us on the pitch. It makes the players more nervous which will ultimately result in mistakes being made.

And this is my point. You'll happily moan at fans but constantly defend the manager and players. Who has more impact on what you watch?

Edited by Big_John_10

That's irrelevant though, we're not talking about comments made on a forum. We're talking about something that could impact a game that is happening, that could result in points gained or lost <br />

<br />

I don't have a problem with people moaning, as I said in my post, but when it's 5 minutes into a game, which we could still win, it's counter productive. <br />

<br />

Also, I don't constantly defend the manager and players, so I don't know why you've said that. <br />

<br />

I'm positive, but I will criticise when I think it's necessary. As I have criticised Lambert for the handling of the Lowton-situation.

I'm not the one having a go at people who pay their money and give up their time to go.

And this is my point. You'll happily moan at fans but constantly defend the manager and players. Who has more impact on what you watch?

I've got no problem with someone moaning after the game. I pay my money as well and don't want someone draining every last bit of confidence out of a player whilst a game is going on.

Â