Paul Lambert

limpid

Taking Norwich from League One to the Premiership and then keeping them there was an incredible achievement. Equally you could say that there is no reason to treat his time at Villa as the rule.

Pardew is a ridiculous human being. When his clubs start losing he seemingly has no way of stopping the rot.

We will see how Sherwood handles it if the enthusiasm in the squad falls.
What an odd post. I never mentioned Sherwood.
Hehe...no I was just making a statement. Maybe Sherwood is like Pardew, when it gets tough the team wont know how to win.

Based on a hunch?

For me it is 50/50 whether it will work out long term or not. He is a rookie.

No argument here about that point.

Very strange actually. I don't know if it's his coaching ability as such. It's probably a combination of the players losing faith (which is Lambert's fault before anyone jumps in) and him not hiring the right coaching staff/assistant manager to help him.

It's like he tried to do it all himself and couldn't handle it.

Yep, think that is how I see it too. I still feel sad about Lambert, if he could just get the best out of out players, he'd have been an incredible coach for us. It upsets me as I like him.

=The reason Hull could sell 16m worth of players is because they spent big on those players in the first place. Lambert had little to spend on players and so those players were less likely to fetch big fees when moved on, unless people are advocating that we sell the likes of Benteke and Westwood for big money fees.

We spent big on players - Lambert failed to get the most out of a number of them!

Lambert did not have little to spend on players - he spent about twice as much as Stoke did!

Well that is a lie.

No it isn't! The suggestion was that we hadn't spent big on players before Lambert's arrival.

The reality is we did. Three clear examples:

Darren Bent - £18m

Stephen Ireland - £8m

Charles N'Zogbia - £9.5m

Lambert didn't get the most out of Bent (and in fact amazingly only started him up front 2 times in the league with Benteke!), we've seen Ireland performing better for Stoke than he did for us and N'Zogbia has vastly improved under Sherwood.

Lambert failed to get the best out of the expensive players at the club and then failed to get the best out of a lot of the players he signed. 

• Like 1

My suggestion wasn't that we didn't spend big before Lambert arrived because we did. The point was that that money was wasted.

I agree we could have spent the money better but then I also think a superior manager to Lambert could have got more out of the players.

Taking Norwich from League One to the Premiership and then keeping them there was an incredible achievement. Equally you could say that there is no reason to treat his time at Villa as the rule.

Without doubt and I'm not trying to take away from it at all. However, I don't think it should be treated as the be all and end all in itself in relation to his managerial ability.

The whole 'back-to-back promotion' angle obviously enhances perception but we shouldn't forget that the initial promotion was a minimum requirement given Norwich's relative strength in League One. We've seen quite a few cases of unlikely runs to promotion in the Championship - momentum goes a long way in that division.

So yes, maginificent achievement but quite likely a case of right time, right club as with Owen Coyle at Burnley, Nigel Adkins at Southampton or Paul Jewell at Wigan. A common presumption seems to be that the job done at Norwich is ample evidence he'll do something similar at whichever lower-league side he next manages. I digress.

Norwhich had just been thrashed by Colchester so they weren't in that good of a state when Lambert took over. I still think Adkins could be a decent manager as well, did a great job at Southampton, might have gone wrong for him at Reading but that's just one job.

Next celtic manager in gurantee it

Even he couldn't fail at that woeful league

Celtic are in for the treble, only MON and some other guy have done that before apparently. I wouldn't be sitting and waiting for the job if i were Paul Lambert.

Next celtic manager in gurantee it

Even he couldn't fail at that woeful league

Celtic are in for the treble, only MON and some other guy have done that before apparently. I wouldn't be sitting and waiting for the job if i were Paul Lambert.
Absolutely. They love Ronny Deila up there, and I'm not surprised. He's a really good manager. Lambert may be their next manager but it won't be any time soon unless Deila is snapped by a better club.

Why are we still arguing over Lambert anyway? Leave it be and move on.

If we'd have had all our players to pick from then maybe so but obviously we've had quite a bit of bad luck with injuries and players who we know have it in them to perform but for whatever reason haven't been doing so. No one will change my mind about Lambert doing a good job whilst he was here (can understand why he had to go in the end though, in special circumstanes). If I could go back in time and prevent Lambert from becoming our manager there is no way I would do it.

I think everyone wanted Lambert here at the beginning as we can all acknowledge the good job he did at Norwich. What I can't agree with is that he did a good job here. Worst manager we have had in my time as a fan. It wasn't just the results, it was the style, or lack of, football we played. 

• Like 1

The time had definitely come for him to move on, no doubt about it. It's good to see that both parties seem a little happier after the split. I think he's a decent sort, who did a decent job and ran out of steam. I wish him well.

• Like 1

Â