Paul Lambert

limpid

I dont get the hate with Sherwood, good record and a great motivator which is what we are lacking

He's a **** idiot.
Why?

He's a clown.

I'm not toally convinced he'd keep us up. And on top of that we'd have an absolute bellend in charge of the team.

Everyone's saying it would only be until the end of the season. but it wouldn't would it?

Look, I want Lambert gone. But there are literally dozens of managers out there who can keep us up. We don't have to employ the monumental piece of arse burger that is Tim Sherwood to do it. I'd rather bring McLeish back.

• Like 2

If he doesn't go at this point, i'm not sure what would have to happen for him to be sacked.

We're now in the relegation zone. We're on track for the least amount of goals in Premier League history. We've score 1 goal in 8 games. We've won 2 games in 21.

What else has to happen? How much further do we have to sink? Even if you think Lambert is fine tactically, the club and players need the fresh blood and enthusiasm of a new manager. Change for change's sake might be what saves our Premier League status.

I have no faith in Lerner doing the right thing so I can well see a scenario of him staying but its OK as I feel super confident having read Lambert's post match interview on the OS.

Apparently:

"I just told them we've got thirteen cup finals and we have to win these cup finals that are coming our way." 

"You've got to pick yourself up and you've got to go again."

"We're just missing that little bit in the final third. We have thirteen cup finals on our hands, that's the big thing. But I still believe 100% that Villa will be fine."

"We have got to win ugly now. This is not the time for playing pretty football. No matter how you do it, you have to win."

Phew!!!......now I have read that rallying call I just know everything will be fine.

Paul a reality check: we already play ugly football and during your tenure we have largely been shit in the cups.

Oh and no shit Sherlock we are missing something in the final third?

But we go again......

• Like 1

It really does feel as though Lambert has handed it all over to the players. After Hull he's quoted as reminding them it is their careers on the line. We have Lambert in his office and the squad left to thier own devices at Bodymoor.

When have we ever played "pretty football" under Lambert? Lose or draw (we don't win), we always play ugly.

It's impossible to go again, when we never got going in the first place. His interviews over the last 3 years have made me strongly dislike him as a person, not just as a manager. I hope the useless bastard never gets another job.

Edited by Davkaus

I doubt it. You don't back your manager in the January window to sack him in early February.

Backed him with £3 million

I assume any payoff will cost as much if not more, so I can't really see Randy paying it.

Sherwood got a decent set of results at Spurs, it was just slightly cringeworthy the way he would lose it on the touch line. In one Euro League game the opposition manager was just reeling him in, it was so blatant that he was losing the mind games. If he learns from that then there is a good manager in there somewhere. I'd rather he came in as assistant though, Lambert desperately needs someone alongside him if he has to stay.

With the creative midfielder we have all been crying out for. Some fans are already saying he looks 10 million, so I don't think you can bring the January budget in to it.

This makes literally no sense.

• Like 1

At least the players have been told they are in a fight, heaven forbid they may work it out for themselves or are they too stupid to read a paper or understand a league table. perhaps they really do need arrows pointing to the goal, Jesus I would have had more respect for the bloke if he was honest, the lads were poor, they lacked drive, ideas, craft, belief, direction,leadership ability and effort. He should of kept them in the changing room for an hour after the game and given them hell, oh sorry that would be bullying. You could not dream this rubbish up to produce a tv show about a team.

Shambles, we are a laughing stock, the players and manager are a disgrace.

• Like 1

With the creative midfielder we have all been crying out for. Some fans are already saying he looks 10 million, so I don't think you can bring the January budget in to it.

You said we spent 3 million like it was nothing. But we have what we wanted for seasons before in Gil, arguably worth much more than 3 million.

You said we spent 3 million like it was nothing. But we have what we wanted for seasons before in Gil, arguably worth much more than 3 million.

Which has absolutely no relevance to the point I was making.

Edited by Stevo985

So what did you mean by he has had 3 million?

So what did you mean by he has had 3 million?

Read the posts.

Someone said Randy wasn't going to sack Lambert because he backed him in the January transfer window.

My point was that he only backed him with £3m. It's not like he's let the manager plough tens of millions into the team and is so financially committed that he can't sign him.

The amount he backed him with is pretty much negligible, so it's no indication that he won't sack lambert. There's no excuse for not sacking him now.

I have literally no idea what your point was. What the player is worth now has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Â