Paul Lambert

limpid

Can't believe there is another owner in world football that would continue to back this manager given what has gone before.

doug-ellis-300x225.jpg

I concur, send in the dogs.

Any change now will be far to late he should have gone last christmas

Lerner has made his bed and now all Villa fans must lie in it...

Relegation beckons

It's hard to imagine that even Lerner can't see the hopelessness in keeping PL at this point. If we go down, he's going to lose a lot of money. Surely he grasps that?

Even with the dreadful performances, results, broken records and clear lack of progress, there will still be a few people who seem to want him to stay, with excuses to reiterate. Despite 90% (probably) of the fans, thinking that a change of manager is the best thing for everyone involved.

However i much i find it baffling does it really matter if someone still supports Lambert? If you want to take it out on someone who finds his record acceptable then its Lerner.

I think Lerner is very loyal to people, in general, and it's more that and a generally very conservative business approach than anything else that's keeping PL in a job. We can only hope he's beginning to see that nothing will change if nothing changes. The man's scared. The idea that he would deliberately ruin the club is utterly absurd. It's more a lack of understanding football.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 3

So what was Lambert's mumbling after the game today?

Has he done the press conference yet

At a guess ( I'd long since switched off)

Can't fault the effort today, we regroup and go again.

Its goes past blaming Lambert IMO - We know he is taking us down - those above him Fox/Lerner must know it as well - if they fail to act as other chairman have - then they are as much to blame as Lambert

Almost too obvious but you're right, it needs to be said -- again and again. I think Lambert needs a change, too, frankly. This can't be good for him. He's hamstrung with Lerner. It's not the same as Pardew at magpies exactly, but it has shades of that in that I think Lambert could do better elsewhere.

Â