Paul Lambert

limpid

I hope the manager and team don't think like some of our supporters do. Rather than looking at Chelsea and Man City going out as giving a justifiable reason for us losing to Bournemouth I see it now as a massive opportunity for us. If I was the manager I would be more determined than ever to ensure we go through tomorrow. We get through tomorrow and we are in the last 16 and realistically there are only two teams you would really want to avoid in Arsenal and Man Utd and even those two sides have had a number of off days this season. There is a real chance to go a long way in this cup and gather some positive momentum that could be really beneficial to our league form.

Agreed, let's head out there and get at them!

Up the Villa!

I hope the manager and team don't think like some of our supporters do. Rather than looking at Chelsea and Man City going out as giving a justifiable reason for us losing to Bournemouth I see it now as a massive opportunity for us. If I was the manager I would be more determined than ever to ensure we go through tomorrow. We get through tomorrow and we are in the last 16 and realistically there are only two teams you would really want to avoid in Arsenal and Man Utd and even those two sides have had a number of off days this season. There is a real chance to go a long way in this cup and gather some positive momentum that could be really beneficial to our league form.

If Lerner had any sense at all you would think he would be on the phone and offering big bonuses to the players if they win the FA Cup this season. It would surely help his cause in trying to sell the club.

Bournemouth have a net spend of £200,000 this season. We are about to get utterly tooled!  ;)

I thought the lower the nett spend the worse you are? If so, we should win this one surely. No pressure Paul!!

Oh god, what have I started! Forgive me.  ;)

• Like 1

I hope we win and will be pretty shocked if we don't. Just saying, I expect the result to have no bearings on Lambert's future whatsoever.

I genuinely think we could lose the next four without scoring and it would have no bearing on Lambert's future.

• Like 1

Exactly what I thought yesterday. We've got a great chance of getting far in this competition if we can put in a half decent performance today.

Man City are currently losing to Middlesbrough..... There's another reason that Lambert shouldn't have beaten Millwall, Sheffield or Bradford over 2 legs.

:D

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

...to Chelsea 2-2 Bradford!

Yesterday: Oh Lambert doesn't have enough money, you need money to beat teams.

Today: Look! Look! Other teams lose games (against teams with no money).

Moral of the story. Don't blame money for the ineptness of the current manager.

Pathetic :D
Really? We've been told for weeks and weeks you need money to win games, now suddenly teams who don't have money win big games and having no money isn't an issue? What's that all about? Weird eh?
You're confusing the impact of money on a single match with the impact of money over 40-50 matches in a season. The point being made is that occasionally lower league teams beat bigger teams, and our failures in the cup under Lambert aren't particularly remarkable. I've pointed out before that we've won as many games against lower league teams as we've lost, which isn't great but not horrendous.
Well said, cup upsets happen and the manager shouldn't be slated for them. If mighty Chelsea can lose to Bradford then so can we.

They do happen. The issue is when they consistently happen and you're shit in the league. Again no sure why some look at one cup loss in isolation.

Man City are currently losing to Middlesbrough..... There's another reason that Lambert shouldn't have beaten Millwall, Sheffield or Bradford over 2 legs.

:D

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

...to Chelsea 2-2 Bradford!

Yesterday: Oh Lambert doesn't have enough money, you need money to beat teams.

Today: Look! Look! Other teams lose games (against teams with no money).

Moral of the story. Don't blame money for the ineptness of the current manager.

Pathetic :D
Really? We've been told for weeks and weeks you need money to win games, now suddenly teams who don't have money win big games and having no money isn't an issue? What's that all about? Weird eh?
You're confusing the impact of money on a single match with the impact of money over 40-50 matches in a season. The point being made is that occasionally lower league teams beat bigger teams, and our failures in the cup under Lambert aren't particularly remarkable. I've pointed out before that we've won as many games against lower league teams as we've lost, which isn't great but not horrendous.
Well said, cup upsets happen and the manager shouldn't be slated for them. If mighty Chelsea can lose to Bradford then so can we.
They do happen. The issue is when they consistently happen and you're shit in the league. Again no sure why some look at one cup loss in isolation.

We've lost 3 times, we've won more than we've lost but people are obsessed with mentioning those 3 games.

• Like 1

Losing once is pretty bad, losing a few times while struggling in the league is an issue.

We got to the semi-final if we're talking about losing to Bradford, beating some big clubs on the way to that tie.

Yeah strange how nobdoy mentions beating citeh on the way.

Gabby, Weimann and Benteke scored 11 goals between them in that League Cup campaign alone. Yet of course people are likely to only remember us losing to Bradford in that one game, which is understandable as we were so close to a final.

Nobody can slate Lambert for that cup run, we slipped up in that one game, it happens to the biggest of clubs - but that cup run on a whole, we were immense. 

Â