Paul Lambert

limpid

Can't blame Lambert for today, yes he could have got them pushing further up the pitch and could have tried playing a little more expansively a little earlier, but alot of that is hindsight. I guess the idea was to keep it tight and then try and nick it but having only 10 men was always going to make it hard. There is a vast difference from having a player sent off in the 20th minute than the 80th as to how you approach the game.

A shame really as WBA are shit and I'm pretty certain we would have got something from the game with 11 players on the pitch.

11 or 10 men, do you not think we could have won if we didnt play to nick a goal and hold on, i can sort of understand that approach against a team on top form or one of the big 6 but if we dont try and win 8 times out of 10 we wont win. Edited by TonyDaley

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "I'm disappointed but I felt we did well with 10 men.

"The sending-off (Kieran Richardson) changed the course of the game.
I don't think there was any malice in it but I can understand why the ref's sent him off.
If you go in with your studs you leave yourself open for that.

"I think we are playing well at the moment. When you lose any game it's not nice.
We have to regroup and go on. It's a boost to have Fabian Delph and Ron Vlaar back
."

Someone's got a new catchphrase ;P

Didn't watch the game today but can't fault Lambert. I would have played Richardson instead of Delph, and I'm glad Vlaar didn't walk straight back into the team. 

Not too disappointed with the result today given the fact we were down to 10 men after 20 minutes. Disappointed in Richardson though.  

Can't see us getting much (if anything) out of our next 2 games against Man Utd and Swansea. Lets see how we do against Sunderland, Palace and Leicester as these are some the teams we are going to be battling with to stay up.

The worrying stat for me is a goal every 144 minutes. It doesn't matter if we have 10 or 11 players, I'm not very confident we are going to score.

Not a fan of Lambert, but I won't blame him for today's overall result. I think we need to move away from the three up to unless we get two out and out wingers to supply Benteke.

Very low expectations if we think losing to a shite West Brom team is a good performance, even with 10 men I expected a clean sheet at the very least.

Why would you expect a clean sheet in a game which is 10 v 11 for 70 minutes? 

I know the Baggies aren't the best but we're hardly much better, if at all. 

Gabby - Benteke - Weimann

Cleverly - Sanchez - Delph

Cissokho - Clark - Okore - Hutton

we will return to the above vs Manure, we'll lose as three central midfielders and Weimann playing in defence won't get us results, but at least with that team we could snatch a goal.

Gabby - Benteke - Weimann

Cleverly - Sanchez - Delph

Cissokho - Clark - Okore - Hutton

we will return to the above vs Manure, we'll lose as three central midfielders and Weimann playing in defence won't get us results, but at least with that team we could snatch a goal.

I think with todays subs we will see Vlaar back in the starting 11 - prob for okore.

Just to be clear thats not what i would do, just what i think lambert will.

I think he will go with:

Guzan

Hutton. Vlaar. Clarke. Cissokho.

Sanchez. Cleverly. Delph. (All playing DM)

N'Zogbia. Agbonlahor. Weimann

Benteke

I would go

Guzan

Hutton. Okore. Clarke. Cissokho

Sanchez

Bacuna. Delph. Cleverley

Weimann

Benteke

We will go to hold on and maybe nick a goal...........

Certainly, we've changed our style of play. Unfortunately, we don't have midfielders creative enough to make use of possession, nor to we have attackers good enough to supply Benteke.

A change in the right direction, but one that probably should have happened over summer when there was time to get the right players in.

• Like 1

Not really interested in blaming anyone for this poor result....its all been said....its someone different every week, but hey its a team game.

Lets face it 2 teams that blow so hot and cold its untrue..its very difficult to get any kind of analysis from these 2

I have real difficulty in seeing any progress in our lot....It seems no matter who we sign the same old problems exist.

On a note of down to 10 men....theoretically it is a disadvantage, but annoyingly when it happens against us they raise their game to compensate.

can't put my finger on it, but there is something really wrong with our set up.

• Like 1

Not really interested in blaming anyone for this poor result....its all been said....its someone different every week, but hey its a team game.

Lets face it 2 teams that blow so hot and cold its untrue..its very difficult to get any kind of analysis from these 2

I have real difficulty in seeing any progress in our lot....It seems no matter who we sign the same old problems exist.

On a note of down to 10 men....theoretically it is a disadvantage, but annoyingly when it happens against us they raise their game to compensate.

can't put my finger on it, but there is something really wrong with our set up.

I agree here, we always seem to be very messy in shape and style. This is why I thought (previously) a change of manager would be a positive. Not because Lambert is totally shite, just really to see a manager install a new style, tactics and philosphy into the squad. For me we rarely see a consistant performance/style from the team and this can only be down to the coaching and management.

• Like 2

Â