Paul Lambert

limpid

I'm sorry, but about the only player we'd make a profit on would be Benteke, and that would be cancelled out by the losses on everybody else.

Vlaar, Benteke, Lowton, Westwood, Bacuna...

That wasn't the only point of my post though.

Vlaar will be leaving for nothing, Benteke I already mentioned, Lowton we'd struggle to get what we paid, ditto Bacuna, you've possibly got a point with Westwood, but then you've got Bennett, Luna, Tonev, Helenius, Sylla, KEA, Bowery....

I'm sorry, but about the only player we'd make a profit on would be Benteke, and that would be cancelled out by the losses on everybody else.

Vlaar will leave for free - zero profit

Benteke will make large profit easily!

Lowton, we paid £2-3m for him- no way he's worth £1m to £1.5m max.

Westwood, again we paid £2m - £3m, maybe we'd break even.

Bacuna cost just under £1m - he's worth £500k in todays market?

I really don't know who you think is going to pay £millions for average footballers like Lowton, Westwood and Bacuna?

It is pretty gauling that on top of years of terrible management at all levels of the club, we also get the pleasure of losing two of our best players for nothing.

It is more concerning now because Lerner is said to be energised again (whatever that means), but this factor is yet to have a positive effect on keeping our quality players for the long term. The whole structure of the club needs improving.

It is pretty gauling that on top of years of terrible management at all levels of the club, we also get the pleasure of losing two of our best players for nothing.

This is such a good post I've marked it with an asterisk. If we're all agreed, maybe we could erect an obelisk in its honour.

I really don't know who you think is going to pay £millions for average footballers like Lowton, Westwood and Bacuna?

Lowton I don't think we paid £2m-£3m for, but I think that we coudl sell him for that amount after another season of getting experience and games at this level. Westwood is an established Prem midfielder now and was talked about for England call up. Those players don't go for £3m when they are in their mid twenties. Bacuna cost less than £1m and I'm pretty sure after him being pretty much a prem regular for a season we would easily get a couple of mill for him.

Let's just forget about all the other points in my post then shall we and nit pick about the one point about Lambert potentially turning a profit in his transfer dealings. TRO made an interesting post that I was trying to respond to in kind... 

• Like 1

Yeah, we paid £3m each for two league 1 players.

The accounts vindicated the reported figures rather than those promoted by Lambert and his propagandist, Hairyhands. How many times must we go over this?

Spot on. Either Lambert is a liar, or other players cost a lot more than reported.

• Like 1

The accounts vindicated the reported figures rather than those promoted by Lambert and his propagandist, Hairyhands. How many times must we go over this?

Spot on. Either Lambert is a liar, or other players cost a lot more than reported.

Which three million pound midfielder or two million pound RB would you have bought then? That kind of fee for Premier League players is always going to be more miss than hit. If those two signings prove anything, it's how tight the budget was/is.

Not a rightback, but Cissokho cost around £2m and is a solid leftback.

Not the best example of someone going for two million that we missed out on. ( ;) )
I didn't even read the discussion, just your question of a premier league quality rightback for 2 million :)

Calling people retarded now? Classy.

Only the fickle ones, not any fan that supported him or that decision.
No mate, you don't get away with that.

What if I'm one of those people? You're calling me a retard? Wind your neck in.

Admittedly an overly zealous choice of wording. Apologies.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Â