Paul Lambert

limpid

Mourinho is such an arrogant clearing in the woods. Good on Keane especially for not even acknowledging him.

Totally, what a cocky pr**k, he always has this air of 'just innocently doing things' but it's always so calculated. This is a perfect example, he knows there's minutes left on the clock, and that by shaking hands it is an admission that it's all over. I suppose it was over, but his attitude stinks. Nice one to lambert and keane for their reactions. He's bloody brave though, I wouldn't touch a wounded Keane, it's like approaching a grizzly bear with cubs.

• Like 1

Mourinho is arrogant, what else is new? What a shocking relevation.

He's cool - it makes you hate him and it makes you fear him. He knows that very well - it is exactly the same with Cristiano Ronaldo. Oh, and coincidently, they are the best in the game. Lambert is just as arrogant as he is not giving him the handshake, because he knows Mourinho leaves the game early. It's not like Mourinho is in his face rubbing it is that they're winning.

Good guys finish last. Mourinho never does.

He's cool - it makes you hate him and it makes you fear him. He knows that very well - it is exactly the same with Cristiano Ronaldo. Oh, and coincidently, they are the best in the game. Lambert is just as arrogant as he is not giving him the handshake, because he knows Mourinho leaves the game early. It's not like Mourinho is in his face rubbing it is that they're winning.

Leaving early like that is just unsportsmanlike. As far as I know there are plenty of top managers that don't pull shit like that.

I don't fear Mourinho, I doubt any football fans do. Why would that, or his other actions, make anyone fear him? I don't hate him either. Leaving the game early because you don't have respect for your opposition doesn't mean anyone would/should be in fear, it's just rude, or un sportsmanlike. Respect works both ways, he may be a successful manager but I have very little respect for him. I'm sure he couldn't care less what people think of him though :) Edited by alreadyexists

A word removed managing a scum bag club of several words removed. Many many many words removed.

Edit -

Just to be clear - it's Mourinho who is the word removed, and the scum bag club of several words removed is Chelsea. The other multiple words removed for emphasis is actually anything else to do with the words removed-ish Chelsea FC.

Shitbags.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 2

How many successful managers do u like?

Not many I bet...

He really couldn't give a f@@k what people think but he can back this up with success

It's a fine line between over confidence and arrogance

He'd have been a politician if he wasn't a football manager

How many successful managers do u like?

Not many I bet...

He really couldn't give a f@@k what people think but he can back this up with success

It's a fine line between over confidence and arrogance

He'd have been a politician if he wasn't a football manager

In my case, it's not about liking anybody, especially when they are not connected to my football club.

I didn't much like Alex Ferguson - but I had a lot more respect for what he achieved in the game than what I feel I can give Mourinho. The word removed has no class.

• Like 2

At the Bernabeu the tunnel onto the pitch is almost like a trap door above stairs that come up from below the pitch. Mourinho used to make a point of waiting at the top of these stairs and would shake hands with managers as they came up so he could be seen to be helping them up. All part of the mind games.

Lambert handled the situation perfectly but FWIW I like Mourinho, yes he's a classless turd but he get results and there isn't a Villa fan alive who would be upset if he was our manager.  

Don't agree good guys come last, it's often used as a way to justify successful arseholes. Good guys regularly make it to the top of a wide variety of different fields, a lot of arseholes are losers.

• Like 3

It is not the 80s anymore, we can't compete, it is a financial game nowadays.

How come lower league teams keep beating us then? How did Leicester beat a team that's spent more this calender year than any team in the history of the sport?

How did we beat Chelsea, arsenal, Liverpool and city last year?

Cup upsets have happened longer than just the past three seasons. Even better Villa Managers and Teams (the League And Euro Champs) lost to lower league teams - they raise their games against 'bigger teams' just like we do sometimes against the so-called Sky darlings so sorry not having that argument - Lower leage (and non league teams) have beaten Old Division 1 and Prem Teams - it is NOT a new phenomenon - but let's ignore that - it is Lambert after all isn't it?

Naz - the issue is a fundamental one though. As you know, you and I have followed Villa for a heck of a long time now and you rightly say we have had cup upsets in the past. I remember very well losing away at Cambridge on a Tuesday night in the days of Saunders, BUT under Lambert there has become an increasing regularity to the embarrassment of these far more than we have seen previously.

Also I think that all aspects of club's football from first to other teams reflect a managers philosophy and we are seeing that a lot of the other teams struggling to build into any sort of attacking philosophy and plan B etc. I saw this at the start of the season when we played Chesterfield, a team made up of mainly fringe players played exactly as we have seen from the first team for the past two years, with a complete inability to change things etc. It's no good saying these players are not first team, because they are involved in the training sessions so you see what is happening behind the scenes etc.

Let's hope he can turn it around but there is little, IMO, real evidence that the previous two years dross is going to significantly improve this year - but hey lets hope it does because that will mean we are doing well

Yeah Mate - we have been fans a long long time. And I agree with what you say. And I didn't mean to have a go at DCJonah - it's just that it's getting boring with the same old losing to smaller teams line - it's always happened to us , Man U, Chelsea and many more. Won't be the last time either. Anyway - upwards and onwards!

• Like 1

I find it odd that people outside of Chelsea actually like Jose Mourinho.

He moans and whines and, as frequently shown, has no class whatsoever.  During his time in Spain, he encouraged Pepe et al to (quite literally) kick lumps out of Messi/Barcelona and poked/gouged Tito Vilanova in his eye.  Top bloke, Jose.

Paul Lambert is a much better human being.

• Like 2

I find it odd that people outside of Chelsea actually like Jose Mourinho.

He moans and whines and, as frequently shown, has no class whatsoever.  During his time in Spain, he encouraged Pepe et al to (quite literally) kick lumps out of Messi/Barcelona and poked/gouged Tito Vilanova in his eye.  Top bloke, Jose.

Paul Lambert is a much better human being.

Personally I prefer the Premier League with him in it. OK he's arrogant, childish, moanie, mind game playing and the rest but one thing he is always entertaining. This is not the first time he has left a game early apparently he did the same when they beat Arsenal 6-0 last year, he wanted to call his wife so he says? It just his way and football is all about love and hate and without passion it would be boring.

You might think Lambo's a better human being but who cares? We personally don't know either therefore are not qualified to answer anyway! Mourhino is a million times better manager. If Mourhino managed us for a week we would see far better play and we might even get Man City a little worried for the weekend. Instead we will hope and pray we can avoid a thrashing and we don't loose all our confidence!! And we go again!

Â