Paul Lambert

limpid

Football is made too complicated.

More cash = better chance of winning

fuxed

You get what you pay for.

Lerner and Lambert paid sweet FA and we got sweet FA

...and Paul Faulkner got FA (-employment)

Edited by sne

In slight defence of the atrocious and recordbreakingly bad performances we've seen under Lambert, we actually have been unlucky with with injuries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10857688/Arsene-Wenger-calls-for-medical-and-training-review-after-Arsenal-slump-bottom-of-201314-injury-list.html

Now is it just bad luck or is it something wrong with the training and preparation set-up done by Lambert and his former colleagues Karsa & Culverhouse?

• Like 1

Yeah it's incredibly unfortunate who did get injured for us. 

With such a small squad we can't afford to have those kind of players out. I don't think it's anything to do with match preparation. 

• Like 2

In slight defence of the atrocious and recordbreakingly bad performances we've seen under Lambert, we actually have been unlucky with with injuries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10857688/Arsene-Wenger-calls-for-medical-and-training-review-after-Arsenal-slump-bottom-of-201314-injury-list.html

Now is it just bad luck or is it something wrong with the training and preparation set-up done by Lambert and his former colleagues Karsa & Culverhouse?

Interesting stats - maybe warrants a thread of its own.

It's significant that Wenger is planning an inquest into why Arsenal had such a high level of days lost to injury and, if I were van Gaal, I would be doing the same with Man U because they have been high in the injury "league" for the past four years. It starts to look less like random bad luck and more like a pattern.

We have had much higher levels of injuries for the past two seasons, since Lambert and crew turned up. Is that a pattern yet, or just bad luck? It's hard to say. Certainly, the fact that Lambert's key oppos, Culverhouse and Karsa, have been banished from the club with dark mutterings of bullying suggests that the fitness and wellbeing of the squad may not have been the top coaching priority for the since 2012

One thing this does also highlight is that it is very difficult to run an effective premier league club with a squad as low on skill and reliability as ours. Last season, the top four in the injury "league" were Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and us. The other three have much more strength and depth in their squads so it is perhaps not surprising that they did better in the league. We haven't got adequate back up if some key players get injured and, to make things worse, our manager either chose or was instructed to banish a number of experienced (and fit) players from the first team squad.

It would also be interesting to track the fitness records of the players brought into the club over the past two seasons. Did they have poor fitness records with their previous clubs (was that maybe reflected in lower price, apparently one of Villa's key priorities since 2012)? I wonder if our medical checks for transfer targets are robust enough?

Ah well, let's hope it was just two seasons of spectacular bad luck with injuries and next season we will have a much less injured squad who will perform better. 

Smashing post!!!

• Like 1

Now is it just bad luck or is it something wrong with the training and preparation set-up done by Lambert and his former colleagues Karsey & Shitehouse?

Corrected

• Like 2

You can have bad luck in training - Clark breaking Kozak's legs. I hope with Culverhouse and Karsa gone we'll have a fresh approach to training methods and hopefully some of the non-match injuries reduce. However, there is always an element of bad luck with any injury.

Yes Lambert's fault that Okore, Benteke, N'Zogbia and Kozak get long term injuries. It would be preparation if we had a lot of short term injuries i.e. strains but to lose the 4 to long term injuries is bad luck.

Okore was injured during a game, Bent eke in training, n'Zogbia in the US and Kozak in a tackle with a teamate in training. Fail to see a pattern or how match preparation can be to blame
  • Like 1

as mentioned above if it was constant hamstrings or strains then you could put it down to the training but the injuries that Villa have got in recent years. all have had injuries or illness beyond club control in last 2.5 years

Benteke

Petrov

Gardner

Delph

Nzogbia

Kozak

Okore

didn't include Vlaar but think he is injury prone since he was young so think he will always be like that

Yes Lambert's fault that Okore, Benteke, N'Zogbia and Kozak get long term injuries. It would be preparation if we had a lot of short term injuries i.e. strains but to lose the 4 to long term injuries is bad luck.

Okore was injured during a game, Bent eke in training, n'Zogbia in the US and Kozak in a tackle with a teamate in training. Fail to see a pattern or how match preparation can be to blame

I was being sarcastic ;)

• Like 1

You can have bad luck in training - Clark breaking Kozak's legs. I hope with Culverhouse and Karsa gone we'll have a fresh approach to training methods and hopefully some of the non-match injuries reduce. However, there is always an element of bad luck with any injury.

It's the divots from Tonev's shooting practice that are the problem I reckon?

Has he got a false leg then? Pops it off and swings it like a 9 iron?

Why is everyone so shocked about Senderos. Our owner wants to sell us and there is not a buyer in sight. We will lucky to even sign an International with about 10 years of Premier League experience even if he is as crap as Senderos. Did you really expect Lescott?

That's a bit like going into a shop to buy a kebab, realising you only have enough money for chips....then saying 'sod it, I'll have a lump of dogshit instead'.....

I'm probably in the minority but I still think he is much better than Clark and Baker. You don't make 84 appearances for Arsenal, be loaned by AC Milan and have 52 international caps if you are dog shit.

The clue is why he didn't stay at Arsenal at a time when they were recognised as lacking decent centre halves. He was poor then and I seriously doubt he's improved since then

Edited by Robbie09

If the gossip is correct about Keane coming in I wonder do some of us still hold the belief that under the present circumstances if Lambert was sacked we still couldn't attract a another manager of the same ilk?

Â