Paul Lambert

limpid

Guzan

New. Vlaar. Okore New

Westwood. Delph

New. New. New.

Kozak/beast

I think we'll have similar defensive issues if we keep vlaar and Westwood and delph as our holding players.
vidal and mikel it is then instead lol
That's more like it.

.......guzan........

New....new..okore..new

.....new.....new......

..........new.........

New......benteke...new

Not much work to be done.

No way man. We seen Okore about 3 times whereas Vlaar has single handedly got us clean sheets at times. It's not his fault the rest of our defence is shocking.
I've seen our defence with vlaar and its piss poor. Okore has potential.

So if it had been Vlaar injured and not Okore and we'd still been piss poor, which we would, you'd be saying the opposite.

Clark and Baker. That's what he's had next to him all season long. Can you imagine...

Why are some people so obsessed with others "admitting" they were "wrong"? Circumstances change and I don't think it's a case of certain people being right all along and others being wrong the whole time. Just smacks of petty point-scoring to me.

Something which I've noted posters doing when we were mid table.

Not really.

Not at all actually. Perhaps some chose to "admit" they were "wrong", but I don't recall anyone being pressured to do so.

Turns out they were right anyway. So they were wrong to admit they were wrong. So shouldn't they now admit they were wrong then too?

No they bloody shouldn't. Grow up the lot of you.

• Like 2

Guzan

New. Vlaar. Okore New

Westwood. Delph

New. New. New.

Kozak/beast

I think we'll have similar defensive issues if we keep vlaar and Westwood and delph as our holding players.
vidal and mikel it is then instead lol
That's more like it.

.......guzan........

New....new..okore..new

.....new.....new......

..........new.........

New......benteke...new

Not much work to be done.

No way man. We seen Okore about 3 times whereas Vlaar has single handedly got us clean sheets at times. It's not his fault the rest of our defence is shocking.
I've seen our defence with vlaar and its piss poor. Okore has potential.
So if it had been Vlaar injured and not Okore and we'd still been piss poor, which we would, you'd be saying the opposite.

Clark and Baker. That's what he's had next to him all season long. Can you imagine...

You've made up a situation and told me what I'd do. Not much point taking part in that debate.

For the moment id actually like him to stay. Because if he decides to jump ship which is a distinct possibility as i recon he knows his days are numbered when a new owner comes in, we really would be in the shit if we cant find a new owner before the season starts, no one would want to come here as there wouldnt be any money available and as soon as we get a new owner they would want to get their own people in. That could turn out to be a disaster.

When the new owner is here though i hope he dissaperes as soon as

Edited by tomaspg

For the moment id actually like him to stay. Because if he decides to jump ship which is a distinct possibility as i recon he knows his days are numbered when a new owner comes in, we really would be in the shit if we cant find a new owner before the season starts, no one would want to come here as there wouldnt be any money available and as soon as we get a new owner they would want to get their own people in. That could turn out to be a disaster.

When the newbowner is here though i hope he dissaperes as soon as

100% with ya.for now we need him to stay.

So Lambert stays for the time being.

He cant do much more damage to AVFC at the moment cause the seasons over but I hope he is gone long before the new season starts.

It wasn't a dig at Lerner for not pulling the trigger straight away.  If anything I have been supportive of Lambert until recently.  There was hope in the back of my mind that  a new owner would keep him on and back him which Lerner hadn't done but now I'm not so sure.

does he know more than we do,can'y believe randy would hang him out to dry.it's like with the contracts not being renewed,if no-one was near to buying would'nt the likes of albrighton be signed,he would'nt cost that much,maybe lamberts been told he'll still be here?

So that begs the question, does Lambert go ahead and plan for the forthcoming season or does he take a back seat knowing he could be out on his ass in a few weeks?

Yep, very difficult. Like the players, I assume he will take a break. But if he has no idea of budgets, the future etc etc i assume any interest in new players will be put on the back burner.

My concern is that any sale will take weeks, months to conclude

I may be in a minority of one, but I'd actually like to see Lambert given a chance with a bit of money to spend. He has worked miracles to keep this club in the premier league with 22 year old league one players, and I can't help but feel that for a load of major injuries this season we'd be comfortably mid-table, which I'd be happy with given the circumstances. 

Get some new owners in, give Lambert a bit of money to add quality rather than quantity to the squad and let's see where we go from there.

• Like 1

Â