Paul Lambert

limpid

Maybe I'm a bit behind, but is that how Kozak got injured?

Got injured in training. I read on these forums it was in a challenge with Ciaran Clark. I'm sure it was pure accident, one of those freak injuries.

Reading all those bad buys at other teams and the millions it cost them, puts into perspective how consistantly good Lambert has been in the transfer market.

Season 1

Benteke

Westwood

Vlaar

Season 2

Kozak

Bacuna

Okore 

• Like 3

Reading all those bad buys at other teams and the millions it cost them, puts into perspective how consistantly good Lambert has been in the transfer market.

Season 1

Benteke

Westwood

Vlaar

Season 2

Kozak

Bacuna

Okore

Not convinced this post is cogent.

It looks to be mortally wounded for me and Im not sure he has the fight in him for another season.

If there is no takeover and no increase investment from the owner he would be best walking as ultimately we will be relegated next season anyway.

I've seen this a lot on here and I'm not sure I totally agree. Let's say Lambert get's 3 £7m players in the summer, let's say a LB and two central midfielders, one more defensive and one more a trequartista. Add to that Benteke, Okore, Kozak, Carruthers, Gardner, Zog and Gabby back to fitness. Plus Grealish, Robinson and maybe DJ and one or two more pushing through from the academy and the current crop being a year older and wiser. I'd say we'd be mid-table barring another Culverhouse/Karsa mental happening and a crazy injury crisis or two.

Hmmm- has any of our kids bar Gabby been good enough to play for any other side in the prem in the last 10 years? I don't think hoping the kids will be alright is a good tactic any more. I won't get fooled again on that one.

Gardener (Blunderland), Cahill (Chelsea), Bannan (Palace). Davies(Southampton), Ridgewell(West Brazil).

Gareth Barry (Everton).

Peter Wittingham (Cardiff).

Daniel Sturridge 

Get rid -----------------------------------------------------neutral-------------------------------------------------------------keep him

Big john10------------------------------------------------nobody on VT----------------me----------------------------------villa rev

That's as close as I hope to get to labelling anyone.

(Apologies to big john and VR if I misrepresent or offend..... But since I didn't misrepresent, sorry if I offend.)

Edited by srsmithusa

Paul Lamberts signings were mostly scouted and picked by Karsa/Culverhouse were they not? or they handled the transfers?

With his team gone.. A lot of his plans go out the window. So will his job.

Let's aim for 14th next year - won't that be an improvement?

If we get a win against spurs we might manage 12th this season

Paul Lamberts signings were mostly scouted and picked by Karsa/Culverhouse were they not? or they handled the transfers?

With his team gone.. A lot of his plans go out the window.

I assume he's got a pretty big list, even if those 2 drew it up. We've probably still got Houllier's list knocking around too

Edited by P3te

I'm guessing some were scouted by Michael Henke as well before he left.

• Like 1

It looks to be mortally wounded for me and Im not sure he has the fight in him for another season.

If there is no takeover and no increase investment from the owner he would be best walking as ultimately we will be relegated next season anyway.

I've seen this a lot on here and I'm not sure I totally agree. Let's say Lambert get's 3 £7m players in the summer, let's say a LB and two central midfielders, one more defensive and one more a trequartista. Add to that Benteke, Okore, Kozak, Carruthers, Gardner, Zog and Gabby back to fitness. Plus Grealish, Robinson and maybe DJ and one or two more pushing through from the academy and the current crop being a year older and wiser. I'd say we'd be mid-table barring another Culverhouse/Karsa mental happening and a crazy injury crisis or two.

Hmmm- has any of our kids bar Gabby been good enough to play for any other side in the prem in the last 10 years? I don't think hoping the kids will be alright is a good tactic any more. I won't get fooled again on that one.

Gardener (Blunderland), Cahill (Chelsea), Bannan (Palace). Davies(Southampton), Ridgewell(West Brazil).

Gareth Barry (Everton).

Daniel Sturridge 

Yup I think Sturridge counts too :)

There's actually loads in the last few years. Plus coming through at Arsenal there's Crowley who is our product, Carruthers before the injury looked good on loan, Grealish done wonders at Notts County and has had a run out, Robinson getting some time on the pitch too....

It's actually known as a good academy for a reason.

I don't see why a manager can't change his coaching staff.

Gareth Barry (Everton).

Daniel Sturridge

Yup I think Sturridge counts too :)

There's actually loads in the last few years. Plus coming through at Arsenal there's Crowley who is our product, Carruthers before the injury looked good on loan, Grealish done wonders at Notts County and has had a run out, Robinson getting some time on the pitch too....

It's actually known as a good academy for a reason.

Don't think Sturridge counts (he left at 14) and Carruthers would be Arsenal. The rest I agree with

Fair enough, if Crowley is ours then Carruthers is their work I spose. 

Still the point remains though, without getting sidetracked, with a few £7-10m buys, introducing the new youth players and free from injury I don't see why we can't finish top half next year. Even without a devastating new flavour of pie.

Stupid to sack the best manager since Ron Saunders.

I'd be suprised if you were alive when saunders was our manager with that statement.

I'd be suprised if you are old enough to have learned the meaning of the expression 'rebuilding job'.

Edited by momo

Still the point remains though, without getting sidetracked, with a few £7-10m buys, introducing the new youth players and free from injury I don't see why we can't finish top half next year. Even without a devastating new flavour of pie.

People were saying the same about Clark, Albrighton , Banan  a few seasons back.

To me packing out our first team with youth products will get us relegated.

• Like 1

Stupid to sack the best manager since Ron Saunders.

I'd be suprised if you were alive when saunders was our manager with that statement.

I'd be suprised if you are old enough to have learned the meaning of the expression 'rebuilding job'.

Rebuilding or demolition?! Im old enough to have seen many things down the villa and intelligent enough to realise mentioning lambert in the same breath as saunders is just plain stupid.

• Like 1

What was Lambert doing when C & K were there? Reading the Beano, eating Monster Munch and drinking Irn Bru all day? Either that or his golf handicap must be very low?

• Like 1

People were saying the same about Clark, Albrighton , Banan  a few seasons back.

To me packing out our first team with youth products will get us relegated.

Think it's the first time I have agreed with you, the fans have a tendency to overrate our own youth. We have good youth teams, but for a long time we haven't produced a player where I thought to myself wow this kid. For example I watch Stones at Everton and immediately you can see the kid is class, granted he was purchased but you can she his reading of the game is head and shoulders above Baker and Clark. I remember Lambert made a point, Robinson comes onto a huge reception, he tries to control the ball and his first touch takes it straight out of play and he gets cheers, I understand the support element, but I want to cheer a kid who can at the very least control the ball and do something special. I'm not knocking Robinson as I do think he will be a good player, just the way we have already hyped up our kids before they even kick a ball.

Â