Paul Lambert

limpid

I think i want him to stay, simply because im sick of always going back to the drawing board and starting again. Life is to short.

Still i think he is already gone.

Edited by HeyAnty

I think i want him to stay, simply because im sick of always going back to the drawing board and starting again. Life is to short.

He cant stay, he has lost the fans, he has lost the dressing room it can't be repaired. He is the last of the bad smell from the Norwich boys

• Like 1

He cant stay, he has lost the fans, he has lost the dressing room it can't be repaired. He is the last of the bad smell from the Norwich boys

Unfortunately i believe you're right. Back to the start again :(

Starting again is preferable to doing **** all and waiting for the inevitable.

He will take us down. If not this season then next.

Actually I can put it a very simple way; the question is not who is the best manager for us, it's who is the best manager for us in our situation? And what do you want our situation to be?

People have banded around names like Bruce and Pulis who possibly have a better record with cheap buys and surviving on a shoe string. Ok, get them. Accept we are a team fighting for survival. Would you want these managers if aiming for top 6?

Or we go likes of Martinez. He gets poorly funded teams relegated despite being well thought of. But at least that shows ambition hey...

Or we go managerless, if you're a crap manager we accept we will forever be crap or you can't get a manager to take us on.

Lambert, to me, is that middle ground. He's probably not a top manager but he has more potential than Bruce/Pulis. And I don't for one second think he chose to bomb out all top earners and I don't think he's refused to spend more money on better quality, no manager does that. He's made calls on players in our range, normally lower league. Lots haven't worked, others have but the quality is always going to be poorer than we want.

I think we might have made small progress this year with more luck injury wise. Not huge, but some. And how do you explain a collapse second half of the season? I don't know, but i dont want to be a fan/ team that jumps on a manager because of a bad run. Too many mitigating circumstances for me. I said i wasnt Pro-Lambert but the more I look at the hand he's been dealt the more I have extreme sympathy for him.

Or he could be the 'big man' and just walk away because it's impossible. Great for him, not so great for us. See MON....

I have to say it's more fundamental than that. Yes Lambert has been unlucky with injuries and yes he has had limited funds to use but enough to build a decent combative side in my opinion

Personally I don't think he has bought too badly, yes there are a few duff buys but that happens to every manager. The big mistake is he has bought the wrong sort of player, more potential than experience so that he has filled his side with inexperience. Add to that the cataclysmic loss of form of key players such as Gabby and Weimann plus some our our academy products being just plain poor has not helped.

Having said all of that some of which is in mitigation of our position I think Lambert exhibits two very serious weaknesses:

1) A seemingly complete inability to get players to do the basics properly like passing, marking and defending. Even our attempted finishing is ludicrously poor.

2) Secondly he has no ability to adapt tactics to suit games and no ability to vary tactics and formations to win games nor react to, or counter the oppositions change in tactics. The Stoke game at home was text book in that regard.

Maybe I could forgive him the players but the two specific points above are so fundamental that he just cannot be any sort of decent manager and he never will be.

When he is sacked by Villa either by an incoming owner or when RL finally realises he is awful he will never ever get another job in the Premiership. On a good day he might bring a side up but truth be told he is on a par with Neil Warnock, Billy Davies and Ian Holloway and will not keep his job.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3

People, people, people, please quit with this "he's lost the fans nonsense."

No he hasn't.

I bought my season ticket yesterday & so have many other Villa fans too to date.

One good win & things change. Believe me!

The whole Club just need to survive this season & then we can look to seriously assess where we are currently & where we really intend to be longer term & what needs to be done to seriously help Lambo to arrest the decline & achieve his & our ambitions. You can tell by his recent comments that he is pig sick of where our massive Club is currently languishing right now & he knows that this is totally unacceptable. ( Though through no fault of his own IMO I hasten to add.)

Serious lessons have surely been learn't by all those associated with the Club this season & most provocatively of all, it is the fan's, more than anyone, who are currently destabilising Lambert's sincere efforts to arrest the Clubs decline, because of their atrocious & negative attitudes, failure to grasp the true reality of how challenging the Villa Manager's job really is & their failure to recognise that he has been seriously handicapped, especially by injuries to key personnel, but most annoyingly of all it is their puerile action of spitting their dummies out at the worst possible time when the Club desperately need the 12th man to stand up & be counted & show what they are worth.

FFS! Stop moaning! Get behind the team, get behind the Manager & get behind the club 100% & prove that you too are also worthy to be recognised by the Club as being worthy of wearing the claret & blue scarf instead of constantly motivating the opposition by constantly dragging the Club down by creating a totally negative & detrimental atmosphere & slagging off the Manager & the team who are trying their very best to secure our future in the division.

To sum up:

Directors direct. Managers Manage, Players play & Supporters Support.( allegedly)

So, hopefully now my message is clear?

Support, support, support, support.

Don't moan about it - Just do it.

Edited by villa-revolution

To sum up:

Directors direct. Managers Manage, Players play & Supporters Support.( allegedly)

So, hopefully now my message is clear?

Support, support, support, support.

Don't moan about it - Just do it.

The issue becomes when the supporters support and the others aren't doing their job, it can make the supports feel like their efforts mean **** all.

VillaR you are completely out of order and I am getting a bit sick as many others are of your delusional support of our failing manager. NO!! Its not the fans they have been fantastic in the support of shit turgid football this season. Fans are renewing there season ticket for the love of VILLA not Lambert.

We could win against Hull 5-0 and it wont change a thing. The fans are getting to the end of there teather with Lambert not showing the fans even the basics of football on the pitch.

You yourself VillaR are gonna lose many fans if you continue to blame us instead of our inept manager. Im unsure now of what you are clinging onto. Fact is at the end of the season he is out of here, sacked, gone ***** off!!! Give it a rest!

Edited by foreveryoung

Bump!!

The thought of people saying how no other manager could do better with this squad are, dare I say it, probably right. But the point is, another, more knowledgable manager would almost definately have took a different approach and not signed so much shit like Lambert has in the first place.

Actually, no I take it back. To say no other manager could do better for us, is one of the most rediculous statments made on VT to date.

Has anyone actually said that?

I wonder how we would feel if he got sacked, went somewhere like swansea, got a few million more than he did at Villa and created a new Everton... :(

Like recent former managers its all downhill for Lambert from here on in.His best bet is Lennon leaving Celtic and taking over there he won't get a prem league job anytime soon.

I wonder how we would feel if he got sacked, went somewhere like swansea, got a few million more than he did at Villa and created a new Everton... :(

I got nothing against him as a person, sure he's nice enough, I just don't like him as a manager

Im sure he's learned a lot about himself and about football managing after his recordbreaking stint here

If he goes somewhere else and have relative success then good for him.

He's failed at Villa and giving him more time and money won't make him a better fit for us atm. For both his and our sake he needs to leave in the summer if not sooner.

I don't think he has it in him to ever be a top manager, but if he does it won't be for Villa

As mentioned before, Celtic is his best bid if he want's to keep his career going at this level.

Impossible to not win the league, and when in europe you can always stumble across a nice result against a big club and then a team in a bigger league might come calling

Edited by sne

I thought MON was going to do a Villa at Sunderland and he didn't. I was half expecting Eck to prove everyone wrong when he went to Forest... and... nope.

Apart from a very, very, very rare exception, nobody goes on from managing Villa to do better. Lambert's dye is cast and his stock forever cursed.

Deep down, though I tried my hardest to see the positives in everything, he lost me on Boxing Day. I have been lying to myself ever since.

Edited by Raver50032

The way I see it is if a manager takes over a job knowing what the limitations then he has to take the blame (or the credit) of the teams failings.

If the conditions of his original agreement changed during the last 2 seasons then a lot of the blame can lie with the owner.

• Like 1

Â