Paul Lambert

limpid

We won't find out what they did, now, I guess. It'll all be in the hands of lawyers and there will probably be a wall of silence as the one that surrounded MON's walk-out and tribunal case.

I guess it will end in AVFC's bank balance being a bit smaller n-by the time they have gone.

(Sorry, meant AVFC's overdraft being a bit larger.)

What the two of them done must have been really bad.  Wonder if one was HH?  You cant get suspended for not being nice to players.

Well, apparently there was a bust up between one of them and Sid, which led to Vlaar and Gabby stepping in to back Sid up. Another situation is that Gabby and Delph were both left out of a match squad a few weeks back because of stuff they had said to Culverhouse. Yet another situation is the apparent leaking of our line-ups (HairyHands?).

I think there is more to it than simply not being nice to players.

Gabby and Delph were both left out of a match squad a few weeks back because of stuff they had said to Culverhouse.  Lambert would have had to back Culverhouse here then if this was the case?

Maybe he didn't and that's why they're now gone while Lambert's still there?

LOL, this is getting too much.

What now?

People's inability to accept that Lambert approved their suspensions. As if it's some grand PR plan.

Oh, no I personally imagine he has accepted the approval of their suspensions. But, that said, I can't imagine him staying on much longer without them if they've been with him his entire managerial career pretty much. Didn't Swansea remove a fair few members of staff before Laudrup went?

If Lambert is leaving anytime soon then he isn't going to go in bad circumstances should he want his career to stay at the top level.

Edited by samjp26

Will we be the new FC Holywood? ...

Two trusted Lambert lieutenants out, but Lambert's job is not threatened? Hmmmm. Right. Ok. If you say so.

Cowans in is understandable. But Shay Given?!?! Is that another Shay Given than the uber expensive goalie in the Bomb Squad, we've tried to off load for a couple of years now?

In another Telegraph article it says, we're cutting life support to dead woods : Luna, Sylla, Bowery, Helenius and Tonev.

Those 5 might be bought cheap and are all on cheap (for PL standard) wages, but we could have had 1 good player for the same money instead of those 5.

• Like 1

If the actions of his staff were severe enough to warrant suspensions, I'm sure Lambert would be prepared to to work without them in the future. Especially if they've undermined the team or morale. It does not weaken his position at this point.

• Like 2

LOL, this is getting too much.

What now?

People's inability to accept that Lambert approved their suspensions. As if it's some grand PR plan.

It would seem remarkbly strange, given that he's been with them most of his managerial career - to suspend them going into a highly crucial period of the season.

Not ITK - but seems like a move to undermine Lambert and get him to walk without paying compensation.

I can 100% guarantee that is not the case.

How can you guarantee that?

I'll write it on a certificate and sign it ;)

:) but you must have some info to say 100% guarantee that is not the case, else why say it?

I'm far from being one of these prodigal ITK characters but I'm 100% confident on this one.

What the two of them done must have been really bad.  Wonder if one was HH?  You cant get suspended for not being nice to players.

Well, apparently there was a bust up between one of them and Sid, which led to Vlaar and Gabby stepping in to back Sid up. Another situation is that Gabby and Delph were both left out of a match squad a few weeks back because of stuff they had said to Culverhouse. Yet another situation is the apparent leaking of our line-ups (HairyHands?).

I think there is more to it than simply not being nice to players.

Gabby and Delph were both left out of a match squad a few weeks back because of stuff they had said to Culverhouse.  Lambert would have had to back Culverhouse here then if this was the case?

Maybe he didn't and that's why they're now gone while Lambert's still there?

If thats the case, then im even more worried

In another Telegraph article it says, we're cutting life support to dead woods : Luna, Sylla, Bowery, Helenius and Tonev.

Those 5 might be bought cheap and are all on cheap (for PL standard) wages, but we could have had 1 good player for the same money instead of those 5.

Squad.

A **** squad.

For **** sake.

There's some numpty on Talkshite defending Lambert, saying he deserves a chance and that 'we play really good football.'

Probably HH or Gent. :lol:

There are a few on here that it could be or more likely a nose.  :D

Remember as far as we know they've only been suspended, which indicates they'll still be getting paid. My own opinion now is that Lambert will leave at the end of the season, in a similar fashion to MON in terms of us not knowing exactly if he gets sacked or walks of his own accord.

Mick Dennis tweeted that in Lambert's career, Culverhouse has always done the training and team selections, and Karsa has always dealt with the tactics.

What does Lambert actually do?

Thats something I have been wondering for two years now, hopefully his job isnt motivating the players. Lambert could talk a glass eye to sleep

Â