Paul Lambert

limpid

If only we'd of got ole Gunnar eh?

Yeah we've been really lucky to have the 2 years we've had.

OGS is doing a poor job at Cardiff but it might have been different with a full pre season and a better squad when we were linked with him.

Oooooooook then.

Where's the better squad come from? Would ole of not had to replace the squad?

If only we'd of got ole Gunnar eh?

Yeah we've been really lucky to have the 2 years we've had.

OGS is doing a poor job at Cardiff but it might have been different with a full pre season and a better squad when we were linked with him.

Oooooooook then.

Where's the better squad come from? Would ole of not had to replace the squad?

I'm comparing the squad he would have had here to the one he's got at Cardiff.

He's doing a poor job but that doesn't mean he would have been awful here.

Solskjaer isn't ready to manage a Prem club now and certainly wasn't 20 months ago when we were sniffing around him. The guy has managed at a level in Norway that is the equivalent to League One over here. It would have been madness to have appointed him and we'd have been playing Championship football now had we have done.

• Like 1

Whether or not you think Lambert is good enough for Villa is a different debate but I don't really see how he doesn't have the suitable "qualifications" to manage the club? What exact "qualifications" to Villa managers need then? John Gregory had done a lot less in his managerial career before taking the Villa job but he did a good job here, in fact he's arguably our best manager since the turn of the century.

Edited by Mantis

Someone who I think could do a job in the Premier League is Neil Lennon. Linked with Norwich if they lose today. Seems to have an eye for a player having signed the likes of Wanyama, Ki, Forster and Van Dijk.

I think we have gone backwards since the end of last season and would welcome a new manager in the summer.

Someone who I think could do a job in the Premier League is Neil Lennon. Linked with Norwich if they lose today. Seems to have an eye for a player having signed the likes of Wanyama, Ki, Forster and Van Dijk.

I think we have gone backwards since the end of last season and would welcome a new manager in the summer.

Yeah but he's also a monumental word removed.

Yeah but he's also a monumental word removed.

Definitely. I'm not sure whether i'd want him at Villa. Just think he'd do well in the league.

I like him. Think he should stay. Football quality is up and down and save for bad luck against Liverpool (where the football was anything but turgid) and Cardiff we'd be well clear now...

• Like 1

Â