Paul Lambert

limpid

Progress or not boils down to personal opinion at the end of the day.

Does it?So facts and evidence can't be used to judge progress?
At the end of the season it does and only then.Don’t forget that when we have more points a higher position along with less goals conceded when your pissing and moaning.

Haha ok i won't forget it.

I'll look back on another wonderful season.

Just to clarify, this isn't a "better fan than you" post, but :

Can I just ask some of the lambert apologists, do you go to the games, particularly at home ? Do you shell out the dollars to watch the shite being dished up week after week, do you sacrifice hours of your weekends to trudge down to villa park in all sorts of weather , knowing in the back of your mind how inept it's going to be. Do you sit there in the cold watching 11 players going through the motions, looking to the bench for guidance, leadership and motivation and getting no return ?

Or do you watch streams , slam the laptop shut after another defeat and get straight back on GTA ? (No offence to GTA)

I think it's far easier to be patient with lambert and his cronies if it's the latter.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for the last 15 years bar one season, next?

At the end of the season it does and only then.Don’t forget that when we have more points a higher position along with less goals conceded when your pissing and moaning.

Haha ok i won't forget it.

I'll look back on another wonderful season.

Surprise, i doubt you could force yourself to admit progress, it would result in less moaning.

• Like 1

Haha ok i won't forget it.I'll look back on another wonderful season.
Surprise, i doubt you could force yourself to admit progress, it would result in less moaning.

Why wouldn't i admit progress?

I wasn't a fan last year but i gave him full credit for how we finished the season and the improvements we saw.

People really do underestimate the mess we were in before Lambert arrived.

I don't think you could be more wrong. I think everyone appreciates the mess we were in. The thing many of us are struggling with is the fact 20 months down the line we have seen no progression. We battled relegation last season finishing on 41 points. Almost three quarters of the way through this season we sit on 28 points 4 points above the relegation zone. Unless we have a major upturn or downturn in form we will finish with in 2 or 3 points either way on what we did last season. Players individually and the club as a whole have stood still. In fact in terms of performances we have gone backwards.

I understand most are disappointed with results and our current league position but you need to look at the bigger picture. It was always going to be about survival in Lambert's first two seasons, I agree it is not good enough for a club of our size but it is a building block to get us back to where we truly belong. Your disappointment is misplaced, Lambert deserves credit not criticism. 

And yet two months ago you said this:

"I like Paul Lambert being the manager of Aston Villa Football Club. But I think Lambert needs to take responsibility for performances and results regardless of what is being spent at other football clubs.  I just hope this current bad form is just a minor blip in a successful season for us."

And yet most of your posts since have been excusing Lambert almost solely based on the opinion that he hasn't got much money to spend.

I'm not a season ticket holder but in the past year and a bit I've been to 6 home league games and seen us lose 5 of them, scoring 0 and conceding 11 overall. However, I still back Lambert even if I do think he's done some things wrong.

For the record, it's a 6 hour round trip for me and normally costs a good £100 a time, so I've got just as much reason as any to be pissed off.

Edited by Mantis

I think it's a fair point. I've watched poor away games on tv and i'm not as frustrated or pissed off as the poor home games i attend.

So people who don't go to the games shouldn't have their views taken as seriously?

You've totally missed the point. What I'm saying is if you'd been to say those 10 home defeats it would have hit you in the pocket directly to the tune of say approx £400 ( with fuel and sundries etc) in terms of hours you'd have lost say 48 hours or 2 whole days . I'm not saying your views are less important just that your reactions may be somewhat softened when you don't bare the brunt financially or operationally.

I think it's a fair point. I've watched poor away games on tv and i'm not as frustrated or pissed off as the poor home games i attend.

So people who don't go to the games shouldn't have their views taken as seriously?

You've totally missed the point. What I'm saying is if you'd been to say those 10 home defeats it would have hit you in the pocket directly to the tune of say approx £400 ( with fuel and sundries etc) in terms of hours you'd have lost say 48 hours or 2 whole days . I'm not saying your views are less important just that your reactions may be somewhat softened when you don't bare the brunt financially or operationally.

This is quite simply rubbish. See my post above. I've forked out roughly £600 over the past year for 6 home league games and a bit and not even seen a goal, yet I still support Lambert. At least season ticket holders have seen us win a few times - I haven't seen us win at home in the league since November 2012, and virtually all of the games I've seen since then have been defeats where we haven't even scored.

This is quite simply rubbish. See my post above. I've forked out roughly £600 over the past year for 6 home league games and a bit and not even seen a goal, yet I still support Lambert. At least season ticket holders have seen us win a few times - I haven't seen us win at home in the league since November 2012, and virtually all of the games I've seen since then have been defeats where we haven't even scored.

That's just you, though. Others may respond differently.

Just to clarify, this isn't a "better fan than you" post, but :

Can I just ask some of the lambert apologists, do you go to the games, particularly at home ? Do you shell out the dollars to watch the shite being dished up week after week, do you sacrifice hours of your weekends to trudge down to villa park in all sorts of weather , knowing in the back of your mind how inept it's going to be. Do you sit there in the cold watching 11 players going through the motions, looking to the bench for guidance, leadership and motivation and getting no return ?

Or do you watch streams , slam the laptop shut after another defeat and get straight back on GTA ? (No offence to GTA)

I think it's far easier to be patient with lambert and his cronies if it's the latter.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for the last 15 years bar one season, next?

Me too fan 53 odd years season ticket holder near on 40 years - I've sat through worse shit than currently on offer, much worse and will still go if we serve up shit next year too. 

I suppose I'm just a sheep and falling for the club's PR and am a Lambert apologist/supporter or a Lerner apologist/supporter?

No I think I'm a FAN a SUPPORTER who supports the TEAM regardless of the manager/chairman/quality of football. That is because that is what we do we support. We  may not like what is served or what is happening. Who says we can't still be happy supporting the team. I am and always will REGARDLESS 

AND before ANYONE says anything - I'm NOT a better fan than any other. Just that I am old enough to know what real shit football and shit managers and chairman are - seen enough of them since 1962 at Villa and THIS is not as bad as it has been.

• Like 2

That's just you, though. Others may respond differently.

Obviously, but I doubt I'm the only one that spends a lot to go to Villa games and still backs Lambert. Likewise, I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't go to many games for whatever reason who don't back Lambert.

Personally I don't think it has much to do with how often you go or how much you spend - maybe 15 or 20 years ago but not today. It's not like you can only get all of the information from going to every game.

Edited by Mantis

Â