Paul Lambert

limpid

Carling cup winners

Last 32 of Europa League

Michu for £2 million

vs

3 relegation battles

3 cup knockouts to lower league competition.

Hmmmmmm

Yes because that's the whole story. Well done.

Not just is it not the whole story, it's also a bit inaccurate. 3 relegation battles?

• Like 1

As the stats demonstrate, the two managers have similar league records this season:

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/teams/SwanseaCty.html

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/teams/AstonVilla.html

Whereas, we are ranked 11th and Swansea 18th in the overall club form on the Premier League site.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

Believe it or not, Lambert is doing a better job than Laudrup managed at Swansea this season.

• Like 1

Matic was originally bought by Chelsea for about £1,5m so with good scouting you can find those players.

my very,very,very,very,very point.

its not easy it never was for the managers that found some good ones for us.....but we have to stop the excuses.....thats the framework we have to work in.

you have to know what your looking for before you can find them, but first things first.

I am hoping we have a manager that does....fingers crossed and a prevailing wind.

The very crucial difference is that Chelsea can afford to spread the risk and hoover up literally dozens of young players in that sort of price bracket. loan them out for years so other clubs develop them or even let them go with first dibs on buying them back should they come good. we're buying raw £1.5m players and relying on them straight away in the first team squad. it's not an excuse to say that Chelsea's approach to buying young players is simply not within our means, however good the scouting.

I would take Laudrup for Lambert any day

Why?

Because he plays pretty football that doesn't get results

Doesn't get results?

Won a cup, 12th in the table, only three points less than us, and is still Europe. Who'd want that.

Never seen the big deal over Laudrup. It's OK playing possession football but it's no good if there's no end product. He's, I'm assuming, spent more than Lambert Lambert and is no better off. OK, they have a cup but, had Lambert got his tactics right against Bradford, we'd arguably be in possession of that trophy now.

Right now, I'll take Lambert over Laudrup. Having said that, Lambert really needs to get that 5-3-2 system out of his head. We Paul McKenna to brainwash him!

Why?

Doesn't get results?

Won a cup, 12th in the table, only three points less than us, and is still Europe. Who'd want that.

The injuries they have had this season have been ridicilous too. Europa League allways shred teams apart, it's nothing new

Why?

They like the idea of Laudrup but the reality of having him as manager would be completely different.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Why?

Doesn't get results?

The injuries they have had this season have been ridicilous too. Europa League allways shred teams apart, it's nothing new

And our injuries haven't been?

Why do people give other managers such a wide berth but are so quick to condemn our own?

• Like 1

Why?

Doesn't get results?

We're currently second to Arsenal in the injury table according to PhysioRoom ;)

Â