Paul Lambert

limpid

I don't even think Lowton was on the right side when the free kick was taken so not sure how he's held up as accountable. From memory he'd been assigned a job in the middle

Vlaar was as accountable as anyone for their third

The first time we've had 2 good performances and results in a row. I like being in 10th but it doesn't take away just how unenjoyable the season has been so far.

Big improvements in the last two games, 2 games I've enjoyed and two results to be proud of. Continue this Saturday and let's see what we can do.

Maybe you should just enjoy living for the moment a bit more, instead of being a grudge-bearing Graham 

Still got a MASSIVE amount to do for me to want him here next season. Unlike some above i thought the substitutions last night were mental. Good job we got the win

He's not going to toss you off mate, sorry. 

He'd probably like to

Libel, reported. 

Maybe you should just enjoy living for the moment a bit more, instead of being a grudge-bearing Graham

Not quite sure how I've held a grudge or how your advice would help given the poor results and shocking home form we've experienced this year.

You seem to have an axe to grind. We're 10th and got some comfortable breathing space from the bottom 3, away from the relegation battle you predicted. Just enjoy what there is rather than trying to make yourself unhappy all the time. 

Not quite sure how I've held a grudge or how your advice would help given the poor results and shocking home form we've experienced this year.

You seem to have an axe to grind. We're 10th and got some comfortable breathing space from the bottom 3, away from the relegation battle you predicted. Just enjoy what there is rather than trying to make yourself unhappy all the time.

Maybe you didn't read the part that said how much I enjoyed the last two games

I don't even think Lowton was on the right side when the free kick was taken so not sure how he's held up as accountable. From memory he'd been assigned a job in the middle

The first time we've had 2 good performances and results in a row. I like being in 10th but it doesn't take away just how unenjoyable the season has been so far.

Big improvements in the last two games, 2 games I've enjoyed and two results to be proud of. Continue this Saturday and let's see what we can do.

Still got a MASSIVE amount to do for me to want him here next season. Unlike some above i thought the substitutions last night were mental. Good job we got the win

He'd probably like to

Libel, reported. 

ebb22674_not-sure-if-serious.jpg

He'd probably like to

With the Lowton second goal thing, yeah he was nowhere near thats my point as a right back his defensive duties are to stop balls coming in to the box from our right flank, and if the CB's are marking the forward players then the midfielders are expected to track the runs of the opposing central midfielders! That's how I see it anyway.

You seem to be totally missing the point here.

For their second goal (that came from the free kick) Lowton wasn't supposed to be in his usual right back position. IT WAS A FREE KICK, he'd obviously been told to go in the middle to defend a likely ball into the box. Delph and Westwood were the ones not in the middle and clearly meant to be watching any short free kicks

Though we do have to go to Etihad stadium

It is not beyond us. This team is capable of beating Barcelona and then the following week being defeated by Rochdale. Inconsistent is a great word to describe the club, probably for the past fifty years or so.

I'd rather play Barcelona right now than City away.

I honestly believe we should go there with damage limitation in mind, hit long balls to Beast and hope for something magical.

Their last two goals were some poor defending but that first goal you just have to let it go.

The second was abysmal as Westwood and Lowton completely switched off and got caught out be the quick freekick. The third Mulumbu should've been tracked by Westwood, and the first while a wonder goal, Westwood could and should have looked to close down brunt a lot quicker, as he should know that in that situation the CB would stand off, its the job of the midfield to close down!

The first goal I really don't think you can blame on anyone. Westwood was on his back with the center halves in front of him. Brunt took what? Two touches?

The second One KEA actually switched off. Westwood was lining up for the one man wall and no one was tracking Morrison. I actually thought we did decently enough to recover as there were plenty of bodies to block the cross but a slice of misfortune. Still could've done better though.

The less said about the third the better.

A larger point is that this diamond will have us concede a lot more goals. Westwood really isn't suited for the bottom of the diamond role. Not strong enough. Delph and KEA drift out wide a lot to cover the flanks which leaves us very exposed down the middle. We can get away with the high press but it's a high risk proposition if they transition quickly down the middle as we saw with the first and third goals.

It will be more entertaining for sure but until we replace Westwood in that role, it is likely we will continue to conceed and also more likely to get a pasting one of these days.

• Like 2

Agree about the diamond, Kwan. I liked Bacuna being at the tip of it and being much closer to Benteke, and would like to see Delph and Westwood in front of a proper defensive midfielder. Someone like of Ki at Sunderland, Jedinak at Palace or Canas at Swansea.

I thought the first goal was poor, yes it was a good strike, but it came from our own throw in and two of their players were completely on their own in the middle of our half, stood right next to each other (Brunt being one of them). The second goal highlights the fact that we are a naive team, and this causes a lot of our problems.

At home though I'd prefer being more free flowing going forward and shakier at the back over the shite we've seen over the past few years.

It is not beyond us. This team is capable of beating Barcelona and then the following week being defeated by Rochdale. Inconsistent is a great word to describe the club, probably for the past fifty years or so.

I honestly believe we should go there with damage limitation in mind, hit long balls to Beast and hope for something magical.

The only thing is if they murder us it's the same murdering everyone else got there. Might as well go and try to give them a game, and when it goes 3-0 to them, switch to damage limitation. Every team in the world has an off day at home every now and then, we might be lucky and catch them on theirs

This.

The positive, I suppose, is it is an absolutely no pressure game.

Nobody expects us to get anything. So as long as we don't get humiliated a la Stamford Bridge last season, a defeat doesn't really mean anything. 

Anything is a bonus from that game.

Even if we are "humiliated", anything 6 or below is perfectly understandable and explainable. Perhaps even expected. That's how good they are right now. Absolutely unstoppable.

We will still have a lot of people on here going bat shit crazy though.

He'd probably like to

With the Lowton second goal thing, yeah he was nowhere near thats my point as a right back his defensive duties are to stop balls coming in to the box from our right flank, and if the CB's are marking the forward players then the midfielders are expected to track the runs of the opposing central midfielders! That's how I see it anyway.

Lowton came off due to poor marking I think, he let Lugano go completely free for the header he somehow missed whilst at 3-3, I think he's not far off being back to a solid level generally but he gave quite a few fouls away as well last night.

Concentration seems to be Lowton's biggest problem right now, am sure it can be eradicated though, he's young enough so just hope he's motivated enough too.

I honestly believe that very few managers would have kept us up last season with that squad, and I honestly believe that we would be in the bottom third this season if Lambert wasn't an exceptional manager. What stands out to me is that he actually develops players, which is a great talent to have as a manager, he has nurtured and great team ethic and togetherness and is tactically flexible! Many manager will have a system and philosophy and never deviate, but for me I have always thought that the best managers pick the philosophy and system that will get the best out of the players, and then if you want to implement your preferred system and philosophy you change things gradually as players develop and new player in and integrate.

This is perfect.

• Like 3

Â