limpid

we need to be getting our chances closer to the goal. most of our efforts have been longer range efforts, and majority of crosses have been deep. i think there is space to get in behind their full backs and square up dunne and caulker.

QPR keep giving us the ball back around their box, we need to take advantage.

Sanchez has been our best player yes but he's a defensive minded player and it didn't change the fact we came in at half time 1 - 0 down

When your a goal down you need your best player to be an attacking player and none have stood up today

Edited by AshVilla

So many insane comments in this match thread...

Time and time again we see people posting in the Paul Lambert thread, the QPR pre match thread, XXX thread (take your pick), saying how we need to keep possession and make chances, we've had 61% possession (according to the BBC), 8 shots (4 on target), vs QPR's 1 shot on goal and well, 1 goal.

I think we have done almost everything right in the first half, we've just not finished the chances we have had, and been a little shaky at at the back. In my opinion that happens in Premiership football. But the game I am watching is a damn sight better than the game I watched against Everton.

More of the same please, Villa. Just some better clinical finishing.

Stats are meaningless if you don't win the game as we have proved the other way round time and time again.

Whenever Vlaar and Clark play together they both look awful. That's definitely down to Clark. If only Senderos was playing. 

Okore anyone?

Vlaar's not been that great lately with anyone. Clark is just the current whipping boy and scapegoat of the board.

But I do agree they are poor together.

It was painfully obvious that QPR are a mid table Championship side at best. Karl Hendry, Richard Dunne, Robert Green and Bobby Zamora?!?

They got one lucky goal but our impotent team can't even create decent chances against them?

The beginning of this season was another false dawn I fear. We have no business of being in the Premier League if we can't score against that lot. 45 minutes to fix it though - that's the bright side. Come on!!!

I think we were set up to counter and because they have to midfielders deep, we cannot adapt.

Redknapp has outwitted Lambert.

We've played alright for me, still struggle to get the ball from the back 4 into midfield, Sanchez has been very inconsistent one 5 minutes he is picking up everything and spreading play well, then the next he is getting caught the wrong side of play, getting turned on and caught on the ball.

Other than one piece of route one shirt though we've been decent for me.

Also weimann is lucky if that isn't a leg break, shirt challenge

So many insane comments in this match thread...

Time and time again we see people posting in the Paul Lambert thread, the QPR pre match thread, XXX thread (take your pick), saying how we need to keep possession and make chances, we've had 61% possession (according to the BBC), 8 shots (4 on target), vs QPR's 1 shot on goal and well, 1 goal.

I think we have done almost everything right in the first half, we've just not finished the chances we have had, and been a little shaky at at the back. In my opinion that happens in Premiership football. But the game I am watching is a damn sight better than the game I watched against Everton.

More of the same please, Villa. Just some better clinical finishing.

this is true, it's just the frustration talking which I think is fine considering it's all live. we'll all (most of us either way) calm down once the final whistle's blown and a couple of hours have passed. I still think we can win this one, but pleeeeeeease let's get a bloody goal. I need to believe that we are capable of scoring again. ^^

It was painfully obvious that QPR are a mid table Championship side at best. Karl Hendry, Richard Dunne, Robert Green and Bobby Zamora?!?

They got one lucky goal but our impotent team can't even create decent chances against them?

The beginning of this season was another false dawn I fear. We have no business of being in the Premier League if we can't score against that lot. 45 minutes to fix it though - that's the bright side. Come on!!!

I think we were set up to counter and because they have to midfielders deep, we cannot adapt.

To the point where his team have had two efforts against our eight?

He's out lucked him.

Qpr are always 2 yards off our forwards, so what do we do? Slot the ball into weimann in the wing and hit the ball across the floor.

Play through the middle ffs.

We can't play through the middle as Benteke is too close to the three midfielders, there isn't enough space - especially as QPR have two midfielders sitting in.

Edited by DK82

Tactically, we're dominating this game - the right eleven, played in the right positions to create chances and we've had more efforts on goals in that half that in our last four games. We don't need a Plan B - we need the players to execute Plan A better - the manager isn't crossing those balls.

Have we created a good chance though? And no he's not crossing the ball but he has signed and coached the players that are.

We still have 45 minutes to go hopefully Lambert realizes this and changes the system

To the point where his team have had two efforts against our eight?

He's out lucked him.

He knows that we will counter attack, so he has sat two midfielders in. Just as people said Lambert outwitted Rodgers by doing the same thing (and he did).