• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

We are way way behind Everton in terms of confidence and chemistry. There's just too much hesitation in the final third to create good chances. 

On the positive side:

- Benteke and Vlaar both back and are going to give us a boost

- We have midfielders capable of passing the ball (but not effective in creating chances)

- Hutton, solid defensively, contributing going forward

First home win of the season for Everton and they didn't have to do much to win.  We are suppose to have improved in the last couple of years, but two years ago we went there and gave them a game and drew 2-2, last season we lost 2-1. So we are getting worse...I didn't mind so much when we had a young side, but now we have bought in experience and the young players are no longer young so theres no excuse for that type of performance.

• Like 1

Everton always represents a tough match but what was particularly disappointing was the approach to the game. I wasn't particularly optimistic before but Everton were 17th - if we'd started with a bit more intensity we could have capitalised on the nervousness at a very quiet Goodison.

Instead even after a couple of minutes the pattern of the game was clear and we were happy to let Everton dictate the play which probably boosted their confidence. 

Despite some injuries we still had Vlaar and Benteke but there was an overall sloppiness about the whole team. Very disappointing and there is now huge pressure on us to beat QPR which we all know will be easier said than done...

• Like 1

The season starts next week effectively. We cannot hope to survive playing defensive-only football. It was a reasonably attacking line-up but Richardson is a poor substitute for Delph's drive and work rate and N'Zogbia was, well, more of a passenger than Bent.

Gabby was decent, Cleverley and Westwood were good. Hutton was good. 

I never thought I would say this but I hope Baker is okay to play next week.

• Like 2

Disappointing performance. Everton were excellent - but was that because of us, as that was their first win in 6 games, and their first win at home.

I guess we have to give it more time and see how we do against the ``lesser sides'' like QPR, but I am getting fed up with giving it more time.

Been doing that for too long now.

As for the game, Cleverly and Hutton were close for MOTM, no one else came close. The team looked disjointed and without ideas.

Guzan needs to stop hoofing it, especially as Benteke is not up to speed yet and was not holding the ball up. 

Possession, as usual, was poor, and unfortunately our ``strength' - counter attack - is not much better.

Hoping for better, fearful of worse.

Still only played well in 1 game this season. Really not sure where the optimism came from. You won't win many games playing utterly dreadful football.

Still in the opinion that we stay with lambert purely because there is nobody else that we'd get who would be better.

But that is the only reason.

• Like 1

I think the problem starts and finishes with Lambert. I think we have a decent squad of players who should be able to beat the bottom half sides and at have a decent go at the top half sides. The trouble is the tactics stink and most games Lambert just gets outsmarted. Today was another masterclass in that regard. Yes it was difficult game but particularly in second half we were just made to look like a badly organised pub side.

I'd takes the likes of Pulis or Moyes in a heartbeat to manage Villa on the basis they would organise the side better and make us difficult to beat. As it is we are heading towards being the laughing stock 'big' club in the Premiership yet gain this season. QPR is a huge game now. If we get nothing out of that I think its the beginning of the end for Lambert, but of course Randy won't see that.

Yes, that was awful but i think we actually played OK football between their first and second goal. Could have easily been 1-1 and ended that way. After 2-0 we gave up. What concerns me is players' confidence and lack of effort when we're two goals down.

Benteke doesn't offer much at the moment and while he is our best player and we need him back to his best to finnish as high as possible, I'd - at the moment -start gabby and weimann.

That was hopeless, in the authentic meaning of the word, as in, I'm now feeling without hope. I'm normally fairly optimistic, but that performance was pitiful. It won't be the story of the weekend, because of Sunderland's humiliation, but on another weekend it would be. Make no mistake, we were awful. Hutton did well. Clark did pretty well when he came on, at least he wasn't personally responsible for any of the goals. But basically everybody else should be hanging their heads in shame. 

Ultimately, you would expect to lose all of the last 4 games in an average season, so it isn't the end of the world in that sense, but we offer literally nothing going forwards. Teams that don't score, don't survive, and we're in danger if we don't turn our attacking around. No Delph to help with that any more. 

After QPR, we face Spurs at home (I expect a loss), Wet Spam away (normally I'd expect a point, but they look far superior to us, so I expect a loss) and home against Southampton (we'll lose). Next week's game against QPR is already a relegation 6 pointer. 

• Like 1

Yes, that was awful but i think we actually played OK football between their first and second goal. Could have easily been 1-1 and ended that way. After 2-0 we gave up. What concerns me is players' confidence and lack of effort when we're two goals down.

Benteke doesn't offer much at the moment and while he is our best player and we need him back to his best to finnish as high as possible, I'd - at the moment -start gabby and weimann.

why start them though, they aren't scoring or being effective, at least Benteke can be that even if he's only at 80%. Benteke needs a run of games to get match fit to what you say we want. Although in this team I'm sure his confidence is going to get hit with the lack if chances being created.....

why start them though, they aren't scoring or being effective, at least Benteke can be that even if he's only at 80%. Benteke needs a run of games to get match fit to what you say we want. Although in this team I'm sure his confidence is going to get hit with the lack if chances being created.....

I'd start them because of their energy and movement. I realise they haven't been great either but their runs can create space for others too. And they can help in defense. But maybe all three + cleverley, Westwood and Richardson/cole is best we could have at the moment.