• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Watched the match and actually thought there were some positives. I thought we played ok at times especially once we went 1 down Everton are in a false position don't let their start fool you Everton's last two goals were a mistake (Guzan) and bad defending, Tekkers goal should have stood , Hutton was good, as was Cleverly, we were without 2nd & ultimately 3rd choice centre backs also arguably our best midfielder.

I must admit I am baffled as to why Jack never got a run out though. That is the frustrating part.

We need to start scoring soon but we are creating chance just too crap to finish them off/

People only seem to see the negatives

At least we're not Sunderland.

Even though we've been poor I still think our bad form is artificial somewhat. We haven't played a non-top 5 team (from last season) since **** August.

I couldn't quite believe how many people were predicting an away win - I know our previous games were against top notch opposition - but not score - or look like scoring in any of those games - had me concerned that all wouldn't be well when the opposition was lowered a notch ...and so it was proved today.

Very predictable 

Congratulations.

Seriously, is there any need for this? It's easy to act like that with hindsight.

Edited by Mantis

Watched the match and actually thought there were some positives. I thought we played ok at times especially once we went 1 down Everton are in a false position don't let their start fool you Everton's last two goals were a mistake (Guzan) and bad defending, Tekkers goal should have stood , Hutton was good, as was Cleverly, we were without 2nd & ultimately 3rd choice centre backs also arguably our best midfielder.

I must admit I am baffled as to why Jack never got a run out though. That is the frustrating part.

We need to start scoring soon but we are creating chance just too crap to finish them off/

I'm not sure why your baffled by grealish not getting a run out. Quite why there is a belief that this kid is going to come on and effect the games is beyond me. He doesn't do anything when he comes on ATM.

Would he do any worse? Not at all. However, I think him not playing is a huge sign that he probably isnt that good. I mean we are not unknown for giving out contracts left right n centre to shit are we?

I'm not sure why your baffled by grealish not getting a run out. Quite why there is a belief that this kid is going to come on and effect the games is beyond me. He doesn't do anything when he comes on ATM.

Would he do any worse? Not at all. However, I think him not playing is a huge sign that he probably isnt that good. I mean we are not unknown for giving out contracts left right n centre to shit are we?

Or maybe Lambert just wants to ease him in? Ridiculous to be jumping to conclusions about him this early.

Nice.

Or maybe Lambert just wants to ease him in? Ridiculous to be jumping to conclusions about him this early.

Only as ridiculous as jumping to a more positive conclusion like 'he just wants to ease him in'?

Ease him in to what? It's not as if were overloaded with quality and not in need of a spark/lift.

If you're good enough, your ready. Simple as that.

Only as ridiculous as jumping to a more positive conclusion like 'he just wants to ease him in'?

Ease him in to what? It's not as if were overloaded with quality and not in need of a spark/lift.

How is that a positive conclusion? It's just an explanation as to why Lambert hasn't put him on more - it doesn't really have positive or negative connotations.

How is that a positive conclusion? It's just an explanation as to why Lambert hasn't put him on more - it doesn't really have positive or negative connotations.
I said 'more positive'.

Either way, it's a conclusion that you've come to so it seems odd that you find it ridiculous that I've come to a conclusion myself.

I mean it's hardly a ground breaking shout is it - players don't normally get on because they are deemed not good enough to effect the game.

Edited by Woodytom

I said 'more positive'.

Either way, it's a conclusion that you've come to so it seems odd that you find it ridiculous that I've come to a conclusion myself.

I mean it's hardly a ground breaking shout is it - players don't normally get on because they are deemed not good enough to effect the game.

I've come to a conclusion about why he hasn't been playing that much - you seem to have come to a conclusion as to how good he is already.

I said 'more positive'.

I've come to a conclusion about why he hasn't been playing that much - you seem to have come to a conclusion as to how good he is already.

Not at all. Ok, my conclusion maybe has a bit more depth to it as to it's implications, but the main focus is the reason he's not playing.

What is concerning is that our previous solid defence gave Everton all 3 goals today and we can't score. We are the joint worse goals scored so far and only Burnley and QPR have worse goal difference.Hopefully this is a blip and once we play teams to nearest to our level we will pick up the points to get to 40, but the last 3 seasons have made me question that wisdom.

• Like 2

We need to start scoring soon but we are creating chance

We're really not.

You're right - we really aren't. What is more worrying is that when we get in front of the opposing team's goal, our players have no finesse - they're like teenage boys about to lose their virginity - it's all panic. Do they work on attacking in traning? And our 'good on the counter attack' tag is wearing REALLY thin.

Edited by brendanvillatalk
  • Like 1

It's the same ol' same ol'.   We can have Falcao (actually we could've.. dumbshite MON) Messi, Ibra, etc.. up front but we don't have a midfielder who can spell c-r-e-a-t-i-v-i-t-y!! We've had decent strikers in recent years but no one to get them the ball. In fact, IMO the last mid we've had in the past 15 years with a smidgen of creative flare was Hadji. Even Nobby, who's not a true 10, in his only one season, had enough flare to give JPA his best season ever with Villa. Freakin' christ Lambert... get someone in there!! Porto's Quintero is a magical player but we probably can't afford him.  SHITE.. at this moment Id take WILD E. COYOTE.. if anything..he never got that stinking bird. but at least he's CREATIVE!  Peace out, gents!

Edited by clayton8321

And yet N'Zogbia started ?,

I want as much as anyone for him to find form but it is looking like it is never going to happen, yet he was started again over Weimann who is 1 of our only 2 goal-scorers this season .. logic please??

Its good fun to watch Grealish get seven shades knocked out of him as soon as he comes on and he obviously frustrates the opposition which is worth something, Charles can't even do that and I am well over watching Benteke with his semi-shrug hands in the air every time he does not get the ball or gets tackled or.. well .. just because.

I don't think my Mom could do much worse at the moment so WTF not give someone else a go?

Thats was the most woeful performance this season (1st game was bad but at least no concede..)

Gotta question why Lambert waits so long EVERY TIME to sort out the obvious, ... let's wait for a another goal/till its too late to change things around.

Only positives were Cleverly looking like he actually gave one and working hard (esp in second half) and Hutton (MOTM) for effort alone.

Cissoko had a bad game but he still has credit

Actually wondered today for the first time in I don't know how long if Given should be given a game.. not because of the muffed save that cost us a goal but because of the awful distribution... Guzan has lots of credit up his sleeve but he needs to work out that its only him who is playing counter-attacking football at the moment and you cant play that game on your own from in goal..... why has he not worked that out yet ?

On that note, goal kicks and throw-ins now.. we would be better just giving the ball to the opposition, every throw-in is the same.

1. WAIT until everyone is nicely marked
  2. No, wait a little longer the opposition need more time to form up
  3. OK throw the ball at whoever is marked closest/most
  4. Fail to control the inevitable return from the under pressure receiver

Seriously we would be better just throwing the ball as far as we can into open space.

I could do a similar list for passing and Guzans distribution but I think you get the point.

Our players really are not that bad so something else is up .. Roy needs to start kicking someones booty.

• Like 2

That hurt, anyone who watched that game knows that we are once again going to be amongst the deadmen. That was one of the most pathetic performances since.........well frankly not long enough.

Lambert looked dumb founded and clueless once again, if only Lerner had of turned up for more games under this manager I doubt he would have given him (and us :twisted: ) another 3yrs in which to find the correct formula to relegated this once great club.

So many poor players on the pitch and they all were wearing C&B, sometimes a properly prepared and motivated group of players can really put on a display that makes you proud even in defeat but these players under this manager just don't give a s...

They played like they had never seen Bodymoor Heath.

Sure anyone can search for positives, but I would argue the negatives on display were far more prominent.

It seems like we are just back to square one, despite the good start in terms of results....but there again, when good performances and quality football is not evident when supporting wins.....it's not long for the wins to slip away in to loses.

It has been mooted many times on this board by many posters....the standard of football is of a low grade.

• Like 3