Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

A mutual respect/liking of us is not something I've ever found in too much abundance around Goodison or living in the north west.

I am at a loss to explain why a good chunk of Everton fans really hate us. I can't say it keeps me awake at night mind.

Well fair enough, you have encountered far more Evertonians than I. Maybe not being surrounded by Victimpool fans renders the ones here in London to not be so bitter and unclassy?

;)

Edited by Isa

with Vlaar back I think we have a chance though Delph out isnt so good. Would start the Zog his pace would frighten a slow backline and he had a good game ni the 3-3 2 seasons back from what I remember. team i would go with

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Baker Cissokho

Cleverley Westwood Richardson

Agbonlahor    Benteke  N'Zogbia

I like this team. Unlike many of you, I'm not fussed about Delph being out. A fit Benteke gives me hope of a victory again!

Bookies aren't like our chances at all which is strange because this can could really go either way.

Everton have been very ordinary so far this season but are expecting some good players back which could be a big boost. We have lost Senderos and Delph but Benteke and Vlaar should be back so we should be stronger. 

I'd go with 

Guzan

Hutton - Vlaar - Baker - Cissokho

Westwood

Cleverly - Richardson

Weinman                          Gabby

Benteke

Hoping for a 1- 0 win

---------------Guzan

Hutton----Vlaar-----Baker----Cissokho

----------------Sanchez

---------Westwood----Cleverley

N'Zogbia-----------------------Grealish

--------------Agbonlahor

Edited by dodgyknees

---------------Guzan

Hutton----Vlaar-----Baker----Cissokho

----------------Sanchez

---------Westwood----Cleverley

N'Zogbia-----------------------Grealish

--------------Agbonlahor

Replace NZogbia for Benteke and I like this.
  • Like 1

Richardson should play. He offers great cover to the defence and is a consistent solid performer. We should aim to keep it tight and play on the counter. We will have a strong bench especially in an attacking sense and I fancy us to get a few goals today. I reckon our front 3 will be Weimann, Gabby and Beasteke.