Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

Christ, I hate the International break. Seeing Hoddle, Townsend and Dixon talk so seriously about England v San Marino has driven me to depression - so wanted to kick off the thread for our next game against the Toffees. As always, this will be a tough game -despite their poor points return we all know they're better and stronger than us so I am expecting a very tough game. If we have Benteke and Vlaar back it could provide some stability for us. Would be great to come away with something here, Palace won and they're without Barkley and Stones (I think?) but for me we need to be watchful of Naismith and Mirralles. Am quietly confident that Baker and Senderos (if Vlaar doesn't make it) can put up a fight against Lukaku as, similar to Ballotellli he has power and Everton will pump it up to him...this is where Baker has shown this season he can compete. Its if Lukaku gets behind our back four when we may struggle.

We have only scored 4 goals this season which is a massive worry and I hope there's not too much pressure placed upon Tekkers...but he's simply a cut above the rest of what we have attacking-wise and holds the key to our goals. 

As with all our games, I feel our best chance of winning is holding out tight and snatching the first goal - that would mean Everton have to come right at us giving us a bit of space for the likes of Cleverley and Delph to move forward. Tough one to call but hopefully a full strength team could give us a chance of getting a point.

Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, Handball, restricted view, get wet, HANDBALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30% Possession, 1 Shot on target... 1-0 Villa.

• Like 4

Whilst I think we can take the game to them and put in a solid performance, it'll still be a tough one and I still think the whole "Benteke is back, we're going to score millions of goals" approach is a bit daft. I've got no doubt Tekkers can score goals, but when the ball is permanently in our 3rd for the whole of the second half... he won't be doing much of that.

If we go all out and score a couple early, we could beat them... if we miss too many opportunities and sit back in the second half, they'll nick it.

I like your style Kingmam, but I feel like a trip to Goodison is more like;

Absolute silence, HANDBALL! General whinging noise. Handball! Villa score against the run of play. Absolute silence. More absolute silence. HANDBALL! Increased general whinging. Villa have a corner, but you can't see this. Absolute silence. Everton equalise! Silence. Whinging. More whinging. The noise of Scousers moaning is getting in your nerves now. More whinging. Silence. Everton take the lead. "Everton, Everton, Everton!". Villa equalise immediately. Absolute silence. Whinging. Handball! Game ends.

Everton have the worst support in the league by a mile.

We have drawn 8 of the last 10 up there, lost 1 and won 1, losing 4 in 20 years. I back a draw, especially as they're about as good as defending as he Iraqi Army.

Absolute silence, HANDBALL! General whinging noise. Handball! Villa score against the run of play. Absolute silence. More absolute silence. HANDBALL! Increased general whinging. Villa have a corner, but you can't see this. Absolute silence. Everton equalise! Silence. Whinging. More whinging. The noise of Scousers moaning is getting in your nerves now. More whinging. Silence. Everton take the lead. "Everton, Everton, Everton!". Villa equalise immediately. Absolute silence. Whinging. Handball! Game ends.

We have drawn 8 of the last 10 up there, lost 1 and won 1, losing 4 in 20 years. I back a draw, especially as they're about as good as defending as he Iraqi Army.

Spurs have got to be worse. Plus anybody who has inflicted Chas and bloody Dave to the world deserves to be punished. Badly.

Difficult to predict. A week or so ago, I would have said that Everton are there for the taking due to their bad run of results and fresh injuries, but now that they've had some time to rest and regroup, I'm not as confident. It's nice to play a team that's a little bit more equal to us. They're still a better side than we are, but it's not such a massive difference as Chelsea and Man City were. I know that Benteke isn't exactly at 100% as he's only just come back, and expecting him to start banging them in left, right and centre is a bit much right now, but I do think that his presence will help us. Everton's defence will still be wary of him, which could open up a bit of space to Weimann/Gabby/whoever partners him to exploit.

Im fairly confident 5/6 of my predictions will be in the outcome.. 

And no, I'm not expecting any nice weather  ;)

Edited by Kingman

Would be nice to  have a shot or two on goal,but i fear our manager will send us out to play for a draw with the hope we might nick a goal from a corner or free kick like we did on the other side of Stanley Park a few weeks back.

Can see us scoring but with senderos out, vlaar likely to be out and okore still not fit the back 4 will be a lot weaker with Clark and baker at the center

2-1 defeat with the winner coming in extra time.

Guzan

Hutton baker Clark cissokho

-cleverley Westwood delph

Agbonlahor benteke richardson