Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

This is the final game I expect to lose but I'm thankful on Monday we can put the games against last years top 5 behind us and concentrate on the other 12 teams left to play, starting with a cricket score game against QPR and then an unlikely win over spurs

Spurs at home has been a toughy in recent years so I don't expect anything different. It's mad how people talk up other teams runs but not ours. I'm sure if we never had done so well in the first 4 we'd be everywhere! Typical press.

Everton are here for the taking.

They've been awful at the back all season and with Benteke starting, I am confident.

Mirales, Stones and Berkley out for them, any more?

Coleman and McCarthy been missing lately for them and neither played for Ireland. I'd be a lot more confident of getting a point if neither make our game.

If Vlaar plays I think we get a point. If not I fear a 3-1 defeat as Lukaku will probably use Baker and Clark as his chance to kick start his season.

Bloody hell. If we win 4-0 (ha!) it'll be the exact same record for each team... wins, draws, losses, goals. There surely can't be any two teams as close as that over that amount of games in world football

We've only beaten them once in the last 12 games too

Edited by P3te

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-v-aston-villa-18th-oct-at-15-00.70578/

Villa fans, a maelstrom of dim witted fucktards

Everton fans are a bitter bunch aren't they? I have never really understood their hatred of us and as a club, they're pretty similar in size [not won as much as us like], but for tradition and fan base, there is plenty to like about Everton.

Yet they smack of that girl you used to see, but things didn't work out, so now she spams Social Media with bizarre rants about you. I thought it may have been the mini-rivalry under O'Neill that was the cause, but despite how poor we've become of late, they still hate us. Bless.

It's clearly second club syndrome kicking in, as they share all the same love struck bitterness of the Noses or the Albion, which must come from being the smaller club on the block.

I appreciate how they display their hatred of us every season at Goodison with an absolute wall of silence and it appears his main gripe is the support we provide to the team. Maybe we're interrupting his Saturday nap?

Edited by Ads

Yeah, I've always found a general mutual respect from both sets of fans given the similarities between the two clubs. I wouldn't change my perception based on one or two bellends on their forums.

• Like 1

I like your style Kingmam, but I feel like a trip to Goodison is more like;

Absolute silence, HANDBALL! General whinging noise. Handball! Villa score against the run of play. Absolute silence. More absolute silence. HANDBALL! Increased general whinging. Villa have a corner, but you can't see this. Absolute silence. Everton equalise! Silence. Whinging. More whinging. The noise of Scousers moaning is getting in your nerves now. More whinging. Silence. Everton take the lead. "Everton, Everton, Everton!". Villa equalise immediately. Absolute silence. Whinging. Handball! Game ends.

Everton have the worst support in the league by a mile.

We have drawn 8 of the last 10 up there, lost 1 and won 1, losing 4 in 20 years. I back a draw, especially as they're about as good as defending as he Iraqi Army.

Going to have to disagree. I'm giving man city the worst support award

Edited by IwishIwasalivein1982

with Vlaar back I think we have a chance though Delph out isnt so good. Would start the Zog his pace would frighten a slow backline and he had a good game ni the 3-3 2 seasons back from what I remember. team i would go with

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Baker Cissokho

Cleverley Westwood Richardson

Agbonlahor    Benteke  N'Zogbia

• Like 1

I just hope we go for it. I remember last season when we went for it at Anfield and got something out of the game, then sat back at Goodison and inevitably cracked under the pressure. If Delph is out, then maybe it's time for Sanchez to be given a go properly, as opposed to finding out he's playing during the pre-game warm up.

Guzan

Hutton   Vlaar   Baker   Cissokho

Sanchez

Cleverley    Westwood

Gabby                      N'zogbia

Benteke

• Like 1

I just hope we go for it. I remember last season when we went for it at Anfield and got something out of the game, then sat back at Goodison and inevitably cracked under the pressure. If Delph is out, then maybe it's time for Sanchez to be given a go properly, as opposed to finding out he's playing during the pre-game warm up.

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Baker Cissokho

Sanchez

Cleverley Westwood

Gabby N'zogbia

Benteke

Best side we've had in ages. Shame about Delph. Think Richardson will be picked though

Surprised you can get 3/1 on the draw for this. Everton have started poorly and aren't as good a side as they are made out to be. Villa badly need to get something out of the game and have Vlaar and Benteke back. Looks nailed on for a draw.

Yeah, I've always found a general mutual respect from both sets of fans given the similarities between the two clubs. I wouldn't change my perception based on one or two bellends on their forums.

A mutual respect/liking of us is not something I've ever found in too much abundance around Goodison or living in the north west.

I am at a loss to explain why a good chunk of Everton fans really hate us. I can't say it keeps me awake at night mind.