Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

He's quite good at football, isn't he? 

Speaking of hat tricks,  Georgia were holding Poland to a single goal until the 89th minute today then Robert Lewandowski scored a hat trick. (89, 90, 90+2) and it's finished 4-0. 

Edited by The_Rev

Why are Gilbraltar allowed to compete again?

1st 30 minutes or so it was quite even game, Germany look awful so far in qualifying 

Faroe Islands 2 - Greece 1

Their best ever result surely.

And they are now ahead of Greece in their group.

they were before kick-off ;)

Why are Gilbraltar allowed to compete again?

They shouldn't be, because they're not even close to being a country, even historically, and they are palpably playing at a dismally low level. Pre-qualifying remains an idea whose time has come. 

• Like 1

Faroe Islands 2 - Greece 1

Their best ever result surely.

And they are now ahead of Greece in their group.

Yes !! this was the best day I have had for ages !! cheered me up a bit after the fa cup final ! 

50.000 vs 11.000.000 and we went and did the double over them ! :D 

We have also been extremely unlucky in some other matches, and could easily have 3 or so more points :) 

We are now 4th in our group in front of Finland too, we have N. Ireland next, should be fun :) 

• Like 2

They really have come on leaps and bounds, played Ireland a few times and always been difficult in Torshavn for teams, Brian Kerr did quite a good job in Faroes as well

said it before but a lot of the "minnows" are not laying down in these qualifiers, Liechtenstein also doing well for themselves. Even San Marino got a draw :P

• Like 1

Brian Kerr really started something great here !

It's great seeing the minnows impress a bit ;) it's what football is all about :) 

But by far the most impressive team in the qualifications so far is our neighbours, Iceland ! Leading their group that contains Turkey, Czech and Netherlands ! so impressive considering that only 250.000 people live there ! 

Watching Austria and they are playing some nice stuff and are fluid in attack and that is without Alaba

Potential dark horses next summer and for me a better outside bet than Belgium

Watching Austria and they are playing some nice stuff and are fluid in attack and that is without Alaba

Potential dark horses next summer and for me a better outside bet than Belgium

insert facepalm

Â