Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

None, never has been, I think it's based on your performance in the last 3 tournaments, so obviously always favours the bigger nations, the Czechs normally smash qualifying and then get a group of death

Still a better system than using FIFA rankings

What's the point in winning your group then?

to qualify for the tournament

Yes but there is no real incentive for either Iceland or Czech to continue to bring their best team and try to get the #1 spot then. Why risk injury in matches that no longer mean anything? 

We are pretty shit at the moment due to a lot of injuries, but when we had a fit team, we looked to be the best team in the group. We are currently missing Rosicky, Plasil, Pilar, Sivok, Kadlec, and Vacha who are all starters when fit. You can even include Kozak in that who was our starting striker before he broke his leg. 

It was just Dunphy trying to ram home a completely unrelated point and he tends to use hyperbole and volume to get the job done. He was about to unravel but luckily he finished soon after that.

Surely if I was Czech I'd be desperate to knock out Holland in the last game.

I still remember the game from Euro 2000 when Czechs were completely robbed, you might've been too young for that CL but Czechs must've hit the bar at least 3 times and then Holland got a ridiculous penalty in the last minute when De Boer dived in the box.

Plus you never know you could end up in the same group or knock outs. Maybe it's just me being weird as I just find it hilarious when the self appointed experts of the game can't even make an international tournament so I love it when the likes of England or Holland don't make it.

In any case I think Turkey will nick a point in Prague and then beat an uninterested Iceland in the final game so 4 points is enough to knock out Holland as it goes on head to head dosen't it?

I was only 8 when euro 2000 happened, so yes I was too young. Also we've played Holland many times since then. I doubt any Czech players think about that game. 

It's kind of funny that Czech basically has control over who gets the 3rd spot. We play Holland and Turkey in our last two. We beat Turkey in Turkey so I think we will beat them at home. Holland, regardless of recent form, are a very difficult team to beat at home. Iceland's win was the first time Holland lost a qualifying home match in 30+ years. I don't see us winning that. 

We're a class above this lot. They're just very stubborn. Come to play spoiler because it's all they can do. That's hard for us but I'm enjoying it so far. Apart from the score.

stuck northern ireland on for a minute, long ball pumped forward by hungary, no one in n. irelands half, ball going towards johnny evans, no one with 10-15m of him, you can hear the manager screaming "hold! hold!" one bounce, boom back the way it came... awful footballer

good to see kiraly still in his pyjamas 

They have more possession but ours has been in more dangerous areas.

It's al in their third of the pitch.

but more middle third. their defence looking comforatble. best play was fast short passing and we didnt do it again after we went through them

as much as their shit a fast wide man like McLean or McGeady should have started on wing instead of Hendrick

Last 7 minutes of that was wave after wave of attack from us. We've learned that if you're going to buy a Georgian, make it a defender.

And the funny thing is a Scottish draw means nothing. Imagine a draw with Germany meaning the square root of **** all :)

Â