Martin Ødegaard - future star

Gompedyret

think hojbjerg is a better example, said last month he wants to leave because he has little chance of playing but at the same time what he has learnt in his time there will make him a better player

this kid could be the same, is it better to join us and play 20 times a season for the next 2 years, liverpool and play 5 gamaes years or join bayern and play 0 games but be in a better youth set up?

the big question is now hojbjerg has said he wants out do bayern let him go, do they ask for too much money or does he think that he'll walk out of bayern and straight in to say man utd for £50k a week?

halilovic at barca B would be another example

Edited by villa4europe

except when Van Gaal was manager its rare a youth player at Bayern to be given such a chance since they cherry pick other rivals. Muller, Alaba and Badstuber all got break under him and before that Lahm probably last player to emerge and that was after 2 years on loan, maybe Schweinsteiger but they never played him centrally. They even discarded Hummels when they werent even at their best defensively

Edited by Zatman

Yeah I know that, but it's hard to say hojbjerg is wrong, he claims that sitting in bayerns youth team has been a better education than playing occasionally at a lower level

This new kid could be exactly the same, is doing what grealish is doing better than 2 years training in and around bayerns 1st team under pep and a host of german ex superstar coaches, even if he didn't play?

In my mind it's the timing of when you get out, shaqiri has the problem that he's not playing but he's well enough established for bayern to ask for £15-25m for him and him ask for £80k a week

• 3 weeks later...

Sad, he'll now rot on the bench if he signs with Bayern or Madrid. 

That is true. But imagine how he will develop, playing with the likes of Bale and Ronaldo in training. And he will see how hard they train and will hopefully not relax and think he has made it.

All in all, I think Ajax would have been the best choice. But I think Madrid is a better choice than becoming the biggest fish in a small German club, where he can "relax".

Sad, he'll now rot on the bench if he signs with Bayern or Madrid. 

That is true. But imagine how he will develop, playing with the likes of Bale and Ronaldo in training. And he will see how hard they train and will hopefully not relax and think he has made it.

All in all, I think Ajax would have been the best choice. But I think Madrid is a better choice than becoming the biggest fish in a small German club, where he can "relax".

2 years of first team football at a club like Ajax who have a brilliant youth development pedigree and then a big move would have been the smart choice. Real Madrid is where established stars from other top leagues go to sit on the bench, let alone unproven prodigies. 

• 2 weeks later...

Should have joined Barca out of the lot of them, maybe Arsenal.  Real don't bring through youngsters too often, they just buy big name replacements most of the time.

Probably go the way of Guti etc and only play 25% of games before he reaches 30 and thinks "hmm, maybe I should go and play football for the last 2/3 years of my career".

Saying that, if he's as good as everyone says he is, he might have a chance, but there's an awfully good chance he could suffer from burn out in his early 30s.

Guti played over 500 games for Madrid. 

Theres a couple of teams that you do go to at certain ages that have proven successful in development. Would have been much better served going to Ajax or Arsenal. Only the future will tell. 

Â