Martin Ødegaard - future star

Gompedyret

Guti AVG'd 25 games a season over 15 years.  A lot of those were sub appearances.

Do you think Milner at City has loved his last 2/3 years?  He's only become a fixture of the first team in the last year.

Guti was a regular starter for 3 years, between Zidane joining and once he retired, he played regularly until Kaka came.

him at madrid or halilovic at barca?

personally i think where they are now in terms of games played they arent too different, halilovic has 18 months on him but probably not as much hype, i think there's certainly a comparison that can be made over the next 5 years, similar players by the look of it, similar size clubs but a difference in opinion on youth players breaking through

halilovic will almost certainly have a bigger impact in the next few years, like i said he's slightly older, he's already played for the 1st team in the cup

you have him, munir, deulofeu, suarez, dongou, traore, sadro, samper... still no defenders though!

If he's good enough, he'll make it.

True, but there is also a very real chance he will just end up getting lost at Real Madrid.   He could thrive, he could end up being another Sergio Canales.  Personally I think he would have been better going to a club where he actually has a chance of first team football and if he is good enough, join a side who have serious ambitions to win the Champions League every season (Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern etc) with a couple of hundred first team appearances under his belt.   What's going to happen at Real?  Playing for the B team or being sent out on loan is probably the best case scenario, disappearing without trace for a few years  and then reappearing at a mid table side aged 22 is entirely possible too. 

how much has he/his dad got though,heard his dad will be some kind of coach so he's on the gravy train.he most likely has been promised as part of the deal a pro contract when he is old enough.could set him up for life.guessing real haven't paid big bucks so probably not a great outlay for them and worth the risk.

Jack Harper.   He was born in Spain but he considers himself Scottish (dad doing his job properly there...) so he's played for Scotland at youth level. He's been at Real Madrid since 2009, he's under contract until 2017.   He's got 4 in 6 for Real Madrid U19s this season as far as I can tell. (sauce)

I remember when Freddy Adu was the next big thing. Good luck to the lad joining Real but I think he has made a mistake.

As mistakes go, its not a bad one to make.

One of those mistakes where you spend your late teenage years earning millions playing football with the best players on the planet.

He's not on 80k a week.

Few of their first team won't be on that!

In Norway he'll have been on about £300 a week. If Madrid offered him 5k a week he'd probably sign.

Maybe if that were the only offer, but it wasn't the only offer was it?  I'd imagine Madrid won a rather expensive bidding war. 

Â