Tom Fox

Cracker1234

• 3 weeks later...

Rumours going around hrs resigned. Anyone else heard this or just twatter garbage?

Twitter rubbish.

Rumours going around hrs resigned. Anyone else heard this or just twatter garbage?

Twitter rubbish.

• Like 1

Maybe my mind is just corrupted by the behaviour of players, but if a takeover was close and he felt he wouldn't be in the new owner's plans, would he not wait for them to make the decision thus being entitled to a pay off?

What exactly has Fox done to warrant such praise ?

Sacked Lambert, Employed Sherwood, - pretty straight forward decisions - you could argue he left it to late getting rid of Lambert

The new shirt sponsor doesn't seem anything ground breaking

I don't get why he is held in such high esteem.

Sacked Lambert, Employed Sherwood, - pretty straight forward decisions - you could argue he left it to late getting rid of Lambert

Because he comes across Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the previous guy who probably wouldnt have sacked Lambert.  + feels like he knows what hes doing

I know results orientated thinking is an awful way to look at if decisions made were correct or not when variance is huuuuuuuge...but we did stay up under sherwood so i dont think you can say "he left it too late"

Edited by gharperr

Because he comes across Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the previous guy who probably wouldnt have sacked Lambert.  + feels like he knows what hes doing

I know results orientated thinking is an awful way to look at if decisions made were correct or not when variance is huuuuuuuge...but we did stay up under sherwood so i dont think you can say "he left it too late"

My question still stands - What has he done that you think of him so highly ?

Sacked the manager of a team that could barley muster a shot on goal ? - Recruited a rookie out of work manager ? - secured a shirt deal about the same level as the current one ? , plenty of CEO'S could do that, - I don't see whats so great about him.

Sacked the manager of a team that could barley muster a shot on goal ? - Recruited a rookie out of work manager ? - secured a shirt deal about the same level as the current one ? , plenty of CEO'S could do that, - I don't see whats so great about him.

The previous "regime" did plenty wrong.  Fox has done nothing wrong at all.

Plus he comes across well in interviews.

Therefore, he's wanted by fans.

So he is rated so highly because he hasn't done anything wrong ?   Enough Said

Tends to be how things work in football.

Player doing nothing wrong and things well = liked.

Manager doing nothing wrong and things well = liked.

etc. etc.

Tends to be how things work in football.

Player doing nothing wrong and things well = liked.

Manager doing nothing wrong and things well = liked.

etc. etc.

Ah but youve introduced 'doing things well'  - which is different to doing nothing wrong.

I don't see what Tom Fox has done well. The jury is very much out on the sherwood appointment (IMO)  - and the shirt deal is only in line with what his predecessor did.

Ah but youve introduced 'doing things well'  - which is different to doing nothing wrong.

I don't see what Tom Fox has done well. The jury is very much out on the sherwood appointment (IMO)  - and the shirt deal is only in line with what his predecessor did.

The sacking of Lambert and hiring of Sherwood have both been things "well done" as we've survived in the Premier League.

In any case, he seems a strange choice for someone at Aston Villa to be worried about.

Tom Fox has impressed me with everything he has said since arriving at the club.  Not just with what he has said, but his judgement in when to say it and how much to say.  In all of his actions so far he has come across as a very capable and professional CEO.  Never mind that he was seen as quite the coup when we managed to get him from Arsenal.  He has brought in our first ever CFO and he is also the man behind bringing in Sherwood.

I remember someone on here saying a while back that it just feels like we're being run by an actual grown-up at the moment, and I suppose that's another way of putting it all.  I just get the feeling we're in very safe hands under Fox and I suppose it manifests in the fact that he's probably the member of the non-playing staff that I'd be most worried about losing under new ownership.

I think he's probably destined for bigger things, but then Villa fans always say that when they've got a good'un on-board.

Even when you hear him putting it up to the FA/Premier League about homegrown players quotas and its effects on academies you get (well, I get...) a sense of pride that your club has someone articulate, intelligent and confident enough at the top to be able to talk about the issue in a way that doesn't toe the line and makes us perhaps more relevant than we might be seen to be by the usual hierarchy.  In that sense he elevates us within the game and that's very valuable too.  Having a voice that is influential and respected along the corridors of power.

False narrative?

Â