Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Never panicked about this signing. Could be the midfield piece we've been missing since Barry/Milner. Despite the limitations placed upon us, this signing does still excite me.

I think that's expecting way too much from him. It may take time for him to get the measure of the premier league and we need to be patient to see if he can settle in.

even if he signed Monday their is probably no chance he would play vs Stoke. He hasn't had much of a pre-season since he was in Brazil for most of it

And according to some reports on this thread he has not been training with Elche so he won't necessarily be fit, let alone match-ready.

I'm really glad we have signed him but I do hope people will be patient and give him time to get up to speed.

Remember this is Villa fans that we're talking about.

• Like 2

The first link surfaced like 4 days ago and people are moaning that it is taking a long time LOL

Things only come to light when offers made and transfers don't take long when you aren't pissing around

If players are have just the one agent to deal with, then sure. If it's true that Sanchez is owned by a third party, things will move slower.

Take Eliaquim Mangala as an example. Footage leaked of his arrival and medial at Manchester City around 25th of July. People said he also had some sort of third party contract nonsense and the transfer was only completed 4 days ago 11th of August.

Edited by Daniel

Jesus how long does it take to sign a player?

The player has signed, but Villa can't announce it until they've found a Columbian interpreter that can understand Jack Woodward, I think in the past they've had trouble finding English people who can understand him.

• Like 4

What questions should he ask new signings then?

"What do you think of the Gaza situation?"

"Who is going to win The Great British Bake Off?"

"Does God exist?" 

It's hardly odd that he asks them Villa/football related questions.

• Like 3

Â