Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Just strange that considering everyone's certainty and talking about him playing Saturday that I knew otherwise isn't it Chris

I also had a little chuckle while I typed that post Chris given I knew what was coming today

Strange that you knew it was coming, but yesterday you admitted you'd made the your post up. Make up your mind

• Like 1

At the end of the day he's probably at best going to be an average midfielder. Theres a reason he's costing so little and has played at such lowly clubs. He's what we need in terms of style but lets not put too much pressure on him. I dread to think what people would be like if it were star names we're negotiating for.

Yeah because good players never come cheap and always play for big clubs...

While I don't think it means Sanchez will be average I can't think of many 28 year old players who came out of no where to be a top player at the highest level.

I think we're desperate for this to happen because we're desperate for a player to play this position rather than desperate for it to be sanchez.

• Like 2

At the end of the day he's probably at best going to be an average midfielder. Theres a reason he's costing so little and has played at such lowly clubs. He's what we need in terms of style but lets not put too much pressure on him. I dread to think what people would be like if it were star names we're negotiating for.

While I don't think it means Sanchez will be average I can't think of many 28 year old players who came out of no where to be a top player at the highest level.

I think we're desperate for this to happen because we're desperate for a player to play this position rather than desperate for it to be sanchez.

But he's what we've been missing defensively, so yeah, we are sort of 'desperate' for this to happen.

Did the presser at 2 go ahead or what's the deal there?

Lambert said that he doesn't want to discuss the deal as he isn't our player. That's it really, regarding Sanchez.

Cheers. Anything else said? Was it just a pre-match conference?

I can't think of many 28 year old players who came out of no where to be a top player at the highest level.

I don't think Villa are in the market for top players at the highest level, sadly. :lol:

Drogba did it at 25 though. Rickie Lambert did it quite late too.

No of course we aren't, i'm not suggesting we should be at the moment.  Yeah Lambert is a good example.

My point was there's a reason no one had really heard of him before the world cup and why he's only played for average club sides.  He can obviously be an important player for us and make a difference but like useless said it's not like we'd be missing out on a top player if this didn't come off.

I still feel it will though and I think he will be a good signing for our club at this moment.

Who says he will be a top player? There's quite a lot of room between "average" and "top".

Edited by Mantis

Personal terms not agreed, Lambert wants to concentrate on stoke game now hence the few days comment. Scoff all you like but nothing will happen on this until next week now and may go all the way to deadline day the way the negotiations are going. I find it funny that people are only to willing to believe things they want to head

tell-me-more-youre-so-interesting-mb.jpg

• Like 4

Yep this is going to fizzle out to nothing...isn't it?

I doubt it, for him to have passed a medical things must be at a very advanced stage. I reckon it's just a case of ironing out any slight issues with all parties involved.

Â