Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

At the end of the day he's probably at best going to be an average midfielder. Theres a reason he's costing so little and has played at such lowly clubs. He's what we need in terms of style but lets not put too much pressure on him. I dread to think what people would be like if it were star names we're negotiating for.

Yeah because good players never come cheap and always play for big clubs...

Don't worry about it I was mostly kidding but the way people are panicking you'd think we were waiting on Yaya Toure or something. As a rule you have to pay to get good players.

Cleverly will probably end up at somewhere like Hull do really well and leave us feelilng like we missed the boat.

We are paying for Sanchez are we not?

If you mean "pay a lot" then that certainly isn't the case. Vlaar is a testament to that.

• Like 1

At the end of the day he's probably at best going to be an average midfielder. Theres a reason he's costing so little and has played at such lowly clubs. He's what we need in terms of style but lets not put too much pressure on him. I dread to think what people would be like if it were star names we're negotiating for.

from the man who suggested Tom Cleverly :crylaugh:

I don't think there's anything wrong with what I've said more than likely he won't be the player we're all hoping for regardless of my mentioning Cleverly, which by the way I was just kidding about. But like I say he'll probably go somewhere else and do a good job. He might not be great but seems like it's the done thing to call Cleverly rubbish because everyone else is saying it.

Edited by useless

Personal terms not agreed, Lambert wants to concentrate on stoke game now hence the few days comment. Scoff all you like but nothing will happen on this until next week now and may go all the way to deadline day the way the negotiations are going. I find it funny that people are only to willing to believe things they want to head

We are paying for Sanchez are we not?

If you mean "pay a lot" then that certainly isn't the case. Vlaar is a testament to that.

Yes hopefully Sanchez can continue in the vein of players Vlaar, Benteke, Okore and Kozák.

Edited by useless

Personal terms not agreed, Lambert wants to concentrate on stoke game now hence the few days comment. Scoff all you like but nothing will happen on this until next week now and may go all the way to deadline day the way the negotiations are going. I find it funny that people are only to willing to believe things they want to head

Top banter lololol

Haha near had you though didn't I? It's that easy to get everyone wobbling it's untrue.

Lambert can concentrate on the Stoke game whilst the board negotiate the contract.

Anyway, by all reports the personal terms have been agreed, we are just dealing with all the paperwork as there are so many agents involved and we need to make sure none have tried to slip in something which we will regret later on. Once this is done the medical can be carried out, but until we have rubber stamped from everyone involved the deal will go no further. It could just be one person holding it up, especially if it's someone abroad and it's not business hours. 

Just strange that considering everyone's certainty and talking about him playing Saturday that I knew otherwise isn't it Chris

I also had a little chuckle while I typed that post Chris given I knew what was coming today

Just strange that considering everyone's certainty and talking about him playing Saturday that I knew otherwise isn't it Chris

I also had a little chuckle while I typed that post Chris given I knew what was coming today

But you, er, you don't know otherwise...

Right, "everyone's certainty" which boiled down to perhaps 2 or 3 posters wondering IF he signed today whether he MIGHT be ready to play on Saturday.

To be fair there was far more consensus over speculation that you might be using a different aperture to your innards than your mouth with which to utter your thoughts.

Â