Football Manager 2015

hogso

tactics screen isn't absolutely horrendous, why have they changed everything?

The side bar is huge and annoyingly changes colour when you navigating though the game.

Is this set up for tablet gaming in a windows esqe development move

I think it's £5m transfer budget and £900K wages.

The side bar is huge and annoyingly changes colour when you navigating though the game.

Am I being thick or is it really fiddly to pick your subs?

I think it's £5m transfer budget and £900K wages.

Am I being thick or is it wrong to fiddle your subs?

I think it's frowned upon...

• Like 4

AndyClarke - can you give us any spoilers on the stats of Villa players?

I can exclusively reveal that all of the Villa squad in the game do have stats. Is that good enough?
That's superb :-) but have there been any major attribute changes or have they not been finalised yet? I find the club research intriguing.

I thought a lot of the Villa players were vastly overated on this years. Within 3 years I had got into the CL, Luna and Lowton were absolute different class, Bacuna and Sylla were dominating midfields.

I think Delph's stats will be improved,

Also,  I am sick of  players requesting ridiculous contracts. That needs sorting, it isn't realistic.

I had Delph and Vlaar (just two of many) requesting something like £70k a week contracts in their final year only to sign for PSV and Stoke for about £30k. 

The match engine feels much better. Playing some amazing football right now. Takes some getting used to, but after a while everything is fluid again.

Edited by Daniel

I'm in mid January, sitting 4th with Villa 5 points ahead of Man City. Playing Bacuna as a ramdeuter - haha. He's got 8 goals in 14 starts.

I'm doing well and all, but my tactics are not really based on football logic.. rather they're loaded with anti-wonkyness instructions, made to combat the wonky ME. I think it needs a lot of fine tuning.

Edited by tarjei

I'm in mid January, sitting 4th with Villa 5 points ahead of Man City. Playing Bacuna as a ramdeuter - haha. He's got 8 goals in 14 starts.

I'm doing well and all, but my tactics are not really based on football logic.. rather they're loaded with anti-wonkyness instructions, made to combat the wonky ME. I think it needs a lot of fine tuning.

Sorry if I missed earlier posts, but what wonkyiness is there? I'm really on the fence about this. Logged about 150 hours of 2014, so just seeing this released has my fires burning again. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking the game as much as any other FM, but as always the match engine is not polished yet, which I guess is to be expected.

I've not played a full season yet, but so far my take on it is this:

- Defenders too often caught out by balls over the top (they react slow or move in the wrong direction - thus playing with 'drop deeper' seems necessary)
- And in relation to the above; too many pin point 40 yards++ through ball from average players
- Adding a target man to your tactics means the team will lump it onto his head at every chance, which is very ineffective (simple solution is to not use it, but the AI teams still use it so...)
- Wingers are much too effective in converting chances and very hard to defend against with certain formations.Gabby and Bacuna have 20 goals between, I wonder what would happen if I had an actual winger in the side!!
- Too many missed crosses from deep that turn into shots
- A lot of goals comes from defenders trying to clear the ball against another player.
- Goalkeepers fumble and act strangely. They're very slow to react after saving to get ready for rebound shot.

- 4231 AI formations are very vuneralble both through the middle and on the flanks due to AM players not really doing much defensively.
- Full backs in general are close to helpless, out of position and closing down ineffectively. A lot of chances come from fullbacks rushing out from d-line when there is no need to.

All of this really means you have to play a certain way to get by. I might suit some, but far from everybody. Well, that's my opinion anyway :)

What I'm enjoying most is the changes to scouting. It makes finding new signings much more difficult, and the process makes it more immersive. It's no longer possible to instantly know just about everything about a player.

The UI takes some getting used to though! :)

Â