Football Manager 2015

hogso

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking the game as much as any other FM, but as always the match engine is not polished yet, which I guess is to be expected....

which is why i dont touch the match engine, went through a spell of watching goal replays but knocked that on the head, i dont think it will ever be 100% perfect whereas if i stick to the text format that i grew up with then that never lets me down

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking the game as much as any other FM, but as always the match engine is not polished yet, which I guess is to be expected....

which is why i dont touch the match engine, went through a spell of watching goal replays but knocked that on the head, i dont think it will ever be 100% perfect whereas if i stick to the text format that i grew up with then that never lets me down

2D surely?

I've still not got used to the new layout. It seems to be simpler, yet I keep having to stop and think about where things are, it seems quite a big change. I really hate the tactics screen, I wish they'd left that alone. The squad selection part is awful IMO, I just use the squad screen to pick my players now.

Also, the amount of goals I've scored and conceded because the defender is so slow to get to the ball or just doesn't clear is ridiculous.

And my PC is apparently too slow to run the matches so I have to turn off the scenery, weather and stadiums.

All little moans though, I still love it.  :D

2D surely?

no

this is how i play it - 

ForestGreenvDartford_PitchSplit_zps7a228

with then the stats screen being changed to latest scores, player rating, table etc

that to me is what football manager is and always will be, im not interested in the match engine in the slightest and then when people complain about it not being polished or funny anomalies that it kicks up it only reinforces my opinion, even if it had a match engine comparable to FIFA i dont think id be in to it

Edited by villa4europe

I use 2D.

Agree about the 3D match engine. I never use it.

And I don't understand when people complain about their players doing weird things on it.

I always assumed what you see is driven by what's happening in the game. not the other way round. So if your keeper does something weird and concedes, it's not because the match engine has made that happen, it's because the game has decided that's happened and so the engine is showing you that.

I might be wrong, but that's how I always saw it.

None of this matters anymore, my change of laptop to a chromebook means my football manager days are over.

But I am shit at FM these days. a few ears ago I'd go on 30 year stretches on the game and do really well. These days I'm lucky to keep my job for 6 months. I'm just shit at it now.

I'm on FM14 handheld now, and I can't buy a **** win.

• Like 2

Agree about the 3D match engine. I never use it.

And I don't understand when people complain about their players doing weird things on it.

I always assumed what you see is driven by what's happening in the game. not the other way round. So if your keeper does something weird and concedes, it's not because the match engine has made that happen, it's because the game has decided that's happened and so the engine is showing you that.

I'm fairly certain this would be the case. 

I don't think that's the issue though, whichever way round the match engine works doesn't make the bugs any less annoying.

If your goalkeeper's shorts kept falling down every time he was about to make a save, you wouldn't just think 'well that's what the game decided was going to happen'. It'd be something wrong with the match engine because it's unrealistic.

2D surely?

no

this is how i play it -

ForestGreenvDartford_PitchSplit_zps7a228

with then the stats screen being changed to latest scores, player rating, table etc

that to me is what football manager is and always will be, im not interested in the match engine in the slightest and then when people complain about it not being polished or funny anomalies that it kicks up it only reinforces my opinion, even if it had a match engine comparable to FIFA i dont think id be in to it

Pretty much exactly the same as me.

I don't think that's the issue though, whichever way round the match engine works doesn't make the bugs any less annoying.

If your goalkeeper's shorts kept falling down every time he was about to make a save, you wouldn't just think 'well that's what the game decided was going to happen'. It'd be something wrong with the match engine because it's unrealistic.

I guess my point is that stuff has always happened since championship manager was invented.

You just never knew about it because there was no match engine to show you.

it would just say "Tonev (lolz) hits one from 30 yards" "GOAL!!!!!"

And you'd just think, oh they've scored.

Whereas now that shot might go through the goalkeeper's legs and everyone is like "omgz that is bullshit!!!! glitch/bug/scripting etc etc"

• Like 3

Yeah you're right, that's how I've always seen it.

I can't go back to 2D now though, I've been watching 3D for too long.

Although I was playing the other day, my player hit a long ball up the pitch, it lobbed the keeper and it pretty much stopped on the goal line. Benteke, who had no one around him, ran towards the ball and managed to smash it against the post and out for a throw in. That would still have pissed me off in 2D I reckon.

I watch 3d - extensive. And I make lots of tactical changes during the game... much too time consuming, but I can't have it any other way.

Loving the game, have played none stop. Takes forever, though. Only two and half seasons in.

Grealish developed slowly for me, and didn't really perform until this season. I had him training his quickness with little effect, but as soon as I changed it to a role his attributes shot up and now he's scoring and assisting lots.

Suliman has improved quite a bit. A bit early to tell how good he will become. And that Swedish kid is also looking promising.

Gabby has been fantastic as a "Ramdeuter" and Lowton is still the best wing back in the game for some reason (his PPMs I guess).

Delph had a fantastic 2nd season for me and got called up regularly, but faded after I gave him a big contract!

Edited by tarjei

Â