samjp26

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Cissokho

Bacuna Westwood Delph Richardson

Cole

Benteke 

Not bad IMO.

But missing the one bright spark during pre season. N'Zogbia

Swap him for Cole and maybe. but god knows what we'll do until Benteke comes back. I can't see any of the current fit strikers scoring at all

Guzan

Cole

Benteke

Not bad IMO.

It's ok, but I just think our central midfield is far too lightweight and offers no protection for the defense.

Was about to say the same. It still lacks the most important piece of the puzzle, namely a defensive-midfielder. We all know that Westwood isn't defensively capable of playing in a holding role, especially in a two.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Guzan

Cole

Benteke 

Not bad IMO.

It's ok, but I just think our central midfield is far too lightweight and offers no protection for the defense.

Westwood has bulked up and Delph's tackling has improved a great deal since a few years back. If we played a back line like the one mentioned then our defence may not need cover, because they'll all be focused on defending rather than pushing forward. 

N'Zogbia and Grealish are also able to work the wings so we have options, Gardner and KEA can be used in the middle.

• Like 2

Okay, having asked the question it seems this one is on and could be complete today.

I'm told he will cost £1.75m which isn't a lot of money in anyone's book so even if he has limitations in our current position I think that is good business personally.

Richardson wasn't signed to play LB he is viewed as being a left sided midfielder.

Hopefully a midfielder to follow before the start of the season as well.

If we bring in a defensive midfielder for games where we need to defend more than attack then I think we'll be set for hopefully a bit of a better season. Do you know if he is over to complete his medical and such?

Cheers as always mate

Do you know if he is over to complete his medical and such?

Cheers as always mate

Don't know a great deal more than I've shared mate, I'm told it could be done today so I'd guess so but these days these things can be done far more remotely.

• Like 1

also on the whole being shit for liverpool thing, one could say that not having the pressure of playing for such a high profile club may help too. Who knows. Sounds like a claw strutching line, but what the hell

Richardson wasn't signed to play LB he is viewed as being a left sided midfielder.

definitely the best part of that post from Trent.  

I wasn't originally happy with Richardson as I thought that he was here to play as a left-back. Now I know he isn't, I actually believe he could prove to be a useful signing.

Is it just me who didn't really think he was that shit for Liverpool? I can't remember him costing them many points or goals.

He was a massive prospect at Porto and he's only 26. If we really are signing him for less than £2m I'd be very happy.

I'm not sure if I can recall seeing this guy play. There seems to be so many Cissokho's or variations on that name that I get mixed up. Glad we've got someone other Stevens or Bennett to play at left-back though.

Is it just me who didn't really think he was that shit for Liverpool? I can't remember him costing them many points or goals.

He was a massive prospect at Porto and he's only 26. If we really are signing him for less than £2m I'd be very happy.

No not just you and prepare to be very happy. :)

• Like 3

Okay, having asked the question it seems this one is on and could be complete today.

I'm told he will cost £1.75m which isn't a lot of money in anyone's book so even if he has limitations in our current position I think that is good business personally.

Hopefully a midfielder to follow before the start of the season as well.

Any ideas on that midfielder, Trent?

Â