Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

Its been there for a long time and did wonder why..............perhaps its Bruce trying to get them into the SPL as he thinks he may win something. 😀

Edited by newhavenhibby

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to the Perth Saints for knocking sevco out of the Scottish Cup last night.  

Now threy are in line to win both Cup competitions this season............awesome feat in this moneyed  "uglies" League. They have  one of the poorest bugets in the SPL and miles behind the 2 arse cheeks.

Special mention to Zander Clark who had a superb goalkeeping performance in normal time , then going up for the final corner and his header in the last seconds of extra time led to the equaliser before making 2 penalty saves in the shootout.........the second being an outstanding save from Roofe, as it was not a good height for him. 

One has to wonder at the sevco defensive set up when they allow a  guy in bright green, standing 6 foot 3 to stand 3 yards out in the middle of the goal and not mark him!😂

Great to see the "look" on Gerrards face. 😀  

Great that since their formation they haven't won a Cup competition except for the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer.................and we don't count the wee, wee, cup............and all that money spent😜

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that they will allow some fans in, but I suspect only about 3k. By the time all the sponsors guests and hangers on have got theirs then there won't be many left for the true fans.🙄

Still, nothing can ever better 2016 so don't mind going down the pubs ( 2 hour slot in The Tam and then the Persevere  just down the road in case of extra time)...........................plus St J are our "bogey team" so probably better we aren't there. 😀  We'll almost certainly "Hibs" it.

Edited by newhavenhibby

I seem to follow several St Johnston fans on social media (that certainly isn't why I follow them, but various people keep posting about their games), and it seems (from the general sense of excitement) that they're playing quite well?

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I seem to follow several St Johnston fans on social media (that certainly isn't why I follow them, but various people keep posting about their games), and it seems (from the general sense of excitement) that they're playing quite well?

Aye, Callum Davidson in his first season as manager has got them into a good solid unit and seems able to get them to win the important games. No great individual stars ( a number are Hibs " rejects "!) but work well together. If they win the Scottish Cup having already won the League Cup this season then Davidson will become their most successful manager in his first season. Their team spirit sometimes reminds me of the "crazy gang" Wimbledon days, fighting above their weight.

As I said before they are a bit of a "bogey" side for us so I have no great expectations for the Final. ( already beaten us 3.0 in the League Cup semi this season at Hampdump) I bet they wish it was being held at Easter Road to allow fans in, as we haven't won against them there since 2012.😀 

Anyway good luck to them as they are side doing well on a very limited budget even when compared to the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs etc in Scotland, let alone the 2 arse cheeks of Glasgow.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Many congratulations to the Saints. Only saw the second half but looked solid and Hibs rarely threatened.  For a non old firm team to win both cups in the same season is unbelievable.  Shame no crowd at Hampden. Perth is a small place really and a lot of the population would probably follow either Celtic or Rangers.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Well done to the Perth Saints. Fully deserved victory today. Pleased for the ex Hibees, Craig, Booth, Wotherspoon and Middleton.

To win the Cup double, up here, when everything is dominated by the uglies is a fantastic achievement and am pleased for Callum Davidson, who in his first year as manager achieved this.

As for Hibs, if you know anything about their history, this has happened to them through the decades at Hampden, so not totally surprising that we never showed up today.  If you look at the last 9 years we have made the Scottish Cup Final 4 times along with 2 semi finals plus throw in a League Cup Final and a couple more semi  finals and have won just once..........this is what makes 21/5/16 so special and surprising and will live in their folklore history forever.

The saying "to Hibs it" up here, is not without foundation.😀

We have played st J 6 times this season, lost the last 4 and not scored a goal against them but Jack Ross still plays his Plan A........not the man for the big game I am afraid!

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Howe has turned down Celtic. Obviously waiting for  true big club to ask for his services- like St Johnstone.

It has to be Lambert 🤔😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Celtic have hired Ange Postecoglou, ex Australia manager

Will be an unhappy fanbase 

... for a while.

He has a track record of taking clubs that are performing badly and making them win things.

• Took Brisbane Roar from accomplishing nothing to winning everything and breaking win streak records in the A-League
  • Took also-rans Yokohama FC from 12th to winning the J-League in 1 season
  • Won the Asian cup with Australia and took us to another WC with a side made up of nobodies

I mentioned him for the Villa job back when we were languishing with the types of Lambert, Sherwood, Garde et al. I have no doubt he'll do extremely well at Celtic.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

... for a while.

He has a track record of taking clubs that are performing badly and making them win things.

• Took Brisbane Roar from accomplishing nothing to winning everything and breaking win streak records in the A-League
  • Took also-rans Yokohama FC from 12th to winning the J-League in 1 season
  • Won the Asian cup with Australia and took us to another WC with a side made up of nobodies

I mentioned him for the Villa job back when we were languishing with the types of Lambert, Sherwood, Garde et al. I have no doubt he'll do extremely well at Celtic.

Maybe he will but Celtic fans are deluded and expected a major name 😂

• Like 1

Â