Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Joe Hart 3 years and James Mccarthy on a 4 yearer. Oh my God what is going on.

Olivier Ntcham released - should have cashed in on him when his stock was relatively high. 

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Joe Hart 3 years and James Mccarthy on a 4 yearer. Oh my God what is going on.

genuinely no words to describe that, probably not played 100 games between them in the last 5 years. Waiting for McClean to sign up on a 5 year deal

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Olivier Ntcham released - should have cashed in on him when his stock was relatively high. 

doubt he will be going any top league, sure Villas Boas quit Marseille when we took Sanson and replaced him with Ntcham

Well done to the Perth Saints last night getting an excellent draw against Galatasaray  in Turkey.

Considering the difference in finances between the clubs that is some achievement especially away from home.👍

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2

Cracking few days for Rangers. Lose away from home against Dundee Utd to end their 41(?) game unbeaten run in the league and now they’ve matched to lose at home 2-1 to Malmö despite Malmö being reduced to 10 men when Rangers were leading 1-0 :D 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Cracking few days for Rangers. Lose away from home against Dundee Utd to end their 41(?) game unbeaten run in the league and now they’ve matched to lose at home 2-1 to Malmö despite Malmö being reduced to 10 men when Rangers were leading 1-0 :D 

Got to be up there with the most crushing moments in their illustrious 9 year history.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Scottish football is shit.

You are probably right. 👍 You get what you pay for🤔 plus it can still be entertaining for a fraction of the gravy train that is the English  Premier League.

Still has given me the best times as a supporter .........which includes 20 years following Villa home and away, including Rotterdam. 🙂

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

For my sins I watch Scottish football at least once or twice a month usually the Sunday game early kick off as there is sod all on.

It's terrible. It's not even comparable to the Championship at times.

Totally agree, at times its more Div 1 or even 2 level, that's not the point,

Its not about the quality ............as I say you get what you pay for.  Its about following and being attached to a club, its players, supporters through its highs and lows AT THAT LEVEL. Outside Smeltic and Sevco the games are usually competitive at that level. . When you get a result against the two arse cheeks you still get the same feeling ,if not more ,as you did when you gubbed Liverpool last season..............ask Dundee United fans how they were feeling last Sunday after beating sevco. 2016 was more incredible for me as a football supporter than Rotterdam.

At least when our striker fluffs an open goal I can tell myself he is only on 2k a week.............what about the English Premier League players?  The amount of money up here sits better with me rather than the obscene amounts in England which is why I  support a poor Scottish side now and not my hometown club whom as I said I followed for years.

My suggestion would be.......don't watch on a Sunday lol.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Well done Malmo, brilliant second half having gone down to 10 men following play acting by Goldson of sevco.

GIRFUY Sevco.

I went to school with Connor Goldson. He was a knob there, and still a knob now it seems. 

• Like 1

Apparently this is being investigated now. How could it have been OK in the first place?

Gordon Strachan re-joins Celtic for 'three-month consultancy project' but continues Dundee role

Gordon Strachan managed Celtic between 2005 and 2009; Strachan will spend time looking at Celtic's activities within the academy, the women's team and the recently established B team, "with a view to providing recommendations" to club chief executive Dom McKay

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/12378215/gordon-strachan-re-joins-celtic-for-three-month-consultancy-project-but-continues-dundee-role

Gordon Strachan: SFA's professional game board may examine if Celtic return is conflict of interest with Dundee role

Gordon Strachan rejoined Celtic in a consultancy role on Tuesday; Former Parkhead boss is also working as technical director at Dundee; Professional game board may examine if the appointment is a conflict of interest; Both Premiership clubs are confident the move does not break any rules

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12379545/gordon-strachan-sfas-professional-game-board-may-examine-if-celtic-return-is-conflict-of-interest-with-dundee-role

Â