Match Thread

theboyangel

Nice1 charles youll prob still be on bench first game with numpty still manager

He played the second 45 mins against Chesterfield and missed the whole of last season - its understandable that he's being eased back into action but don't let that stop you berating the manager (who has it right IMO concerning reintegrating CNZ)

Hes been fit for ages, the manager just didn't play him. He even said so on his Instagram account that he wasn't allowed in to training!

seriously...... I don't think so.

So he has the same injury as Benteke, yet was out for almost an entire year when Benteke is due back in 6 months.

Why was he given a bomb squad number like Hutton, Bent etc?

Lambert had no intention of playing him.

CNZ was due to be out for the whole season, Weimann gifted a new contract and probably wanted the 10 shirt.

I can't imagine he was ever going to be entirely fit coming back within a couple of months from the end of the season.

How do you know Lambert had no intention of playing him or is this your opinion.

and to rub salt into the wounds, it's 4 - ripped apart by two simple passes (after CNZ gave the ball away ;) )

Edited by theboyangel

Nice1 charles youll prob still be on bench first game with numpty still manager

He played the second 45 mins against Chesterfield and missed the whole of last season - its understandable that he's being eased back into action but don't let that stop you berating the manager (who has it right IMO concerning reintegrating CNZ)

Hes been fit for ages, the manager just didn't play him. He even said so on his Instagram account that he wasn't allowed in to training!

seriously...... I don't think so.

nzogbia-instagram-FILEminimizer.jpg

Shredded. There's a fair bit of work needs doing here. It doesn't look like a club with much enthusiasm in it.

Totally outplayed all game and rightly torn apart. Fair enough they will have much greater match fitness, but they bossed us and showed a level of cohesion missing from our play.

I'm only hoping this may jolt us into some movement in the transfer market as we made them look like a top 4 PL team. 

I'll be glad for so many flaws being exposed today with the proviso that we have the solutions (both in personnel and training) in time for the new season.

beyond dire, and very worrying. That was as good as our first team out there, and they looked risibly bad. Stoke will batter us. 

hmmm, I wouldn't say it was -

Give, Senderos, Baker, Clark won't start against Stoke and I have a feeling CNZ and hopefully a new defensive midfielder will replace Weimann and Gabby.

I can see us lining up against Stoke as

..................Guzan

Hutton(!)Vlaar, Okore,Richardson

...Westwood, New DM, Delph

Bacuna..............................CNZ

....................Bent

I seriously hope Lambert actually says it wasn't good enough and not the usual diatribe and we go again.

He will probably say the same thing he has been saying all pre-season regardless of wether we win or lose.  'It's all about getting our fitness up'

• Like 1

Â